Adams advised to keep Fisher, ditch Young

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanflamer

titanflamer Starter

He did not look bad at all until Lendale and Crumpler got the fumbles.

2. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

No, not showing up for work when everyone is not kissing your arse, to me, is the wimp road.

Fisher is not at all innocent in this, I grant you that. BUT, to not show up, help out the other QBs with game prep, support the team in games, etc... told me all that I need to know about VY, and that is that I hope he starts next season in another uniform.

Both REALLY need to go.

3. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

I'm all for Fisher being gone and I'm all all for VY being gone if the Titans can find a starter next year who is better than VY...that doesn't seem likely though.

4. CKTitan

CKTitan Special Teams Standout

Glad you and I are on the same page.

5. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Understand, but sometimes you need to CUT to CURE. Will cleaning house result in us going to the playoffs next year? NO. But, I would bet you that we will see DEEP post season play sooner by cleaning house than sticking with either Fisher or VY.

Bud's real problem here is that he does not want to do anything that sacrifices short term goals (no matter how unrealistic they are) for a much more stable long term plan. I can't blame him...would probably be the same way if I were his age.

6. BabyBlue#9

BabyBlue#9 Camp Fodder

Kerry didn't lose us the game, but he was exposed without CJ. It's nothing personal, he is what he is...a game manager, he's serviceable with a strong running game and defense. See Trent Dilfer.

That "slow and steady" offense we had that year thrived on controlling the tempo by not turning the ball over during the season, once we did and with CJ out, the offense looked discombobulated.

Taking everything into consideration, Kerry Collins is a decent back up with an atrocious deep ball and needs perfect pass protection.

7. iQon

iQon Starter

Why do people still talk about 2008? That's the best Kerry Collins argument you guys can regurgitate?

OK, we went 12-3 in 2008. What has he done since? What's his record as a starter since? I don't know the losses, but I do know it's in double digits. And I also know he's only won 1 game as a starter.

Give it up already, he sucks.

8. Titanite

Titanite Pulling for VY...Sue me.

I think we all know deep down that Vince Young is gone and Fisher is here to stay...

As a VY fan, I'm over that. I can watch that guy's career and hope for his success wherever he goes. So, him leaving is not the real kicker. I don't feel too bad about that now.

Who I do feel bad for are our offensive skill position players who have shown so much promise.

CJ, Britt, Damien, Craig Stevens, "Cookie," Ringer and maybe even Lavelle Hawkins will all have their growth stunted under Fisher.

It's just sad that he will be back all because the majority of Titans fans/media are afraid of the future.

"What if we go 5-11 instead of 6-10?"

"What if the next coach doesn't like my reporting as much as Fisher does?"

Fricking, fraidy-cat crybabies!

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Kerry sucks, but Trent Dilfer has and always will suck more.

Any NFL QB would have won the Super Bowl with that 2000 Ravens team... plenty of college QBs could have too.

Dilfer has always been noted as the worst QB to ever win a Super Bowl... right ahead of Brad Johnson (who at least had a pretty good season when his team won it all).

Click on Dilfer's name if you want a laugh: Trent Dilfer

10. BabyBlue#9

BabyBlue#9 Camp Fodder

Hmmm...

Signed,

Ryan Leaf

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar