Adams advised to keep Fisher, ditch Young

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Boiling point is now

Sounds like everything is going to be resolved today or tomorrow. Jason LaCanfora of NFL Network just tweeted this:
    It's either Young or Fisher and we should know shortly. It will not be both.

If Fisher goes, it sounds like Reinfeldt, all the assistant coaches and other front office personnel may go, too. They are a united front, but ultimately Bud may decide that his love for Vince Young is simply too great.

What coach/assistants/GM is going to come here when he knows that Adams will choose his QB over his coach? How can you possibly succeed in that scenario? I don't believe you can.

Dismantling of a franchise is the most accurate way you can describe it. We could be headed toward some dark, dark days for the Titans.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. SchindlersFist

SchindlersFist Camp Fodder

does Bud know what day it is?

3. customtitan

customtitan Special Teams Standout

honsetly if they "all" wanna play the united front and walk with fisher... let em
    i mean how rediculious would they be to walk away from their job for fisher, do they think he would do the same for them or protect them if need be? i dont.
    at the end of the day its a job and i know if one of my good friends at work got shoved out, im not gunna follow him... i have bills to pay and a family to care for

the sad thing about all this is bud adams... he's married to mediocry anyway u shape it. he loves him some fisher and young. both arent that great and can be replaced rather easily, he seems like a weak person imo

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

IF it comes down to this, I would rather go the VY route.

It's really a shame they both won't be gone.

5. quagliero

quagliero Teh Awsum

If Bud's son has power of attorney, he should step in now and save the day. :lol:

6. TorontoTitanFan

Have you followed the Titans over the past decade? Fisher is fiercely loyal to his staff. To a fault.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Toly

Toly Free your mind

The Titans have had a 6 game losing streak in back to back years, including a 59-0 blow out. It can't get any darker than this.

• High Five High Five x 4
  8. TorontoTitanFan

Don't get me wrong--I would be more than fine with Fisher being fired. But Young can't stay. You can't force Vince upon the new coach.

Do people really believe that the Titans have a better chance of winning with Young+[whatever terrible and desperate coach will come to the Titans] than with Fisher+[whatever QB Fisher brings in]? I don't see it.

Dismantling the entire franchise just because you can't bear to cut your QB would be completely insane. Sadly, Bud's mental state may have degraded to that point.

If the entire front office thinks they can't win with Vince, then the problem is clearly Vince. Fisher may be a bad coach, but it's not possible that everyone in the front office is wrong about this.

Reinfeldt could easily turn on Fisher here and gain control of the franchise and bring in his own guy to be coach. Instead, he is advocating the idea that Young has to go if the Titans want to win. He's putting his own job on the line because he knows that he's better off starting over with a new franchise than being forced to build a team around Vince Young. That's a pretty powerful message.

Same thing goes for Senior Executive VP Steve Underwood. He's also backing Fisher.

• High Five High Five x 8
  9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

At the end of the day, a coaching job in the NFL is a good job. Some coaches may not be willing to come here, but I can't believe that we would be doomed with the worst coach ever ever if VY stays. I think that has been exaggerated.

And yeah, I think we probably do have a better chance at winning with VY and whatever coach instead of Fisher. AT least as much chance as Fisher and whatever terrible QB would come here to work in a Fisher style offense. Particularly if that QB is Collins.

10. vinceisalive

vinceisalive Camp Fodder

Well argued.

Personally, I think Rotoworld is out of line titling this "Signs point to Fisher on the way out" Nothing more has been decided. This is only another voice echoing the same sentiments we have heard countless times before.

If Bud wants to fire the entire FO and keep Vince, he should coach the team all by himself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar