Adam vinateiri

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by MadAboutMcNair, Mar 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I am completely happy with Bironas as our kicker.

2. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

No problem....we're still pals.;) I didn't mean to come across as threatening, but I couldn't figure out any other phrasing. It doesn't bother me that much, which is why i put the "irked' smiley instead of the "angry" one...the only thing that really ticks me off is the loud tuba music coming from my neighbor's car.

True, Gary Anderson is old, but he was still "Automatic Anderson". Just because someone is 30+ doesn't mean that they're washed up or dead. "Life begins at 40", which, as someone who's going to live in Maui can attest, is true :) I am still free from gray hairs, though I am considerably more fragile than I used to be, but I have a small frame and I have worked it to death. Still, I don't enjoy being called "old"...I still think of that as a feeble, grey-haired person shaking a cane at all the "whippersnappers". :ha:

Because a great number of forum posters aren't old enough to drive or work, and throw that term around a lot.
    There was a discussion going on in a local music forum: "Would you have an old guy in your band?" In this case, "old" was 34. One of the responses was classic: "Of course you should! Who's gonna whip out the AAA Club and Visa cards when your van breaks down?" :ha:

3. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

Hey there Soxcat, you don't think Vinateiri is better than Bironas? How many xp's did vinateiri miss last year? The guy is clutch. He may not be a priority, but he would be some sweet frosting on an already nice F.A. cake.

4. Looking at their stats from last year, it certainly doesn't seem like there was a major difference between the two of them on the field.

But Vinatieri is MUCH more expensive...

5. Apparantly, he's visited the Packers
    They need him more than we do

Bad Weather Bad Team

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Looking at all FGs less than 50 yards Bironas was 21 of 24 and Vinny was 30 of 23. Bironas also hit 40% of his kcks over 50 yards and Vinny hit 0%.
    Bironas has a slightly stronger leg on KOs. Why spend millions more to get a guy who isn't any better than Bironas right now in his career?
    Oh Vinny did miss an XP this year so he wasn't perfect either.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Ever seen that movie Jesus of Nazareth???

ok guys...This whole Bironas thing makes me want to share an antedote from attending games. The best thing about Bironas, aside from his youth and the near identical Adam Vinateiri numbers is the Bironas chant. This is my own cheer I have made up... Bironas has actually heard this cheer and he thinks it's pretty funny, judging by his expression and laughter... (sometimes a losing season makes for GREAT seat upgrades- basically the Coliseum has been general admission for the back end of the last two seasons... anyways... this isn't about religion or Christianity but the chant comes from the New Testament of The Bible...<--click the wikipedia for an explanation...

BIRONAS! GIVE US BIRONAS! BIRONAS! GIVE US BIRONAS!

8. Wow, that's a great percentage... :ha:

9. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

Maybe Bironas will be the star player we all want him to be. I just got tense when he would attempt a kick. I can't put my finger on it, and statistically you guys are right, no argument. He was a huge improvement over previous kickers on the kickoff, as previously mentioned. I Dunno.
    Bironas isn't very old for a kicker. Sorry to bring up age again.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar