Adam Dunn-Alex Rodriguez

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by DCtitan49, Jun 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

Adam Dunn and Alex Rodriguez, 10-15 years from now could be the biggest names in baseball, Dunn at only age 27, has hit 200+ homers and if he continues the pace he is at in 15 more seasons, he could have almost 900 homers! Dunn has NEVER been accused of taking roids, or Cheating in any way, Rodriguez on the other hand, NEVER been accused, but there has been a noticable body size change that happend in the mid 90's. Arod if he plays 10 more season, which is extremely likely, will easily get to 800 homeruns. he has been hitting 30 homers in each of his last 10 seasons, and if he continues that pace, will crush the Bonds/Aaron record. if bonds is to take the record, a man who has been hated among fans in New York, and a man who people call slick, Error Rod (E-Rod), will be beloved by many amoong america, to knock off Bonds from the top, he might not be the most popular man in the US, but he will be close. Arod has shown no signs of slowing down, and at the rate MLB players work out these days it is very likely he plays 10 more seasons.

Dunn might be to early to tell, but if he continues the pace, these two guys may be the Ruth/Aaron talks in 20 years from now.

2. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

A Rod will come close to passing Bonds but he wont do it. Dunn.. I have no idea. Thats a while from now.

The guy that I think will pass Bonds.... RYAN HOWARD

3. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

Dunn stinks IMO. He either hits a homerun or strikes out, with no plate discipline @ all.

Pujols is the best player in baseball hands down.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Dunn? Man, I'm a Reds fan but that guy is the strike-out king..

5. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Howard won't do it. He's already 27 and doesn't have 100 homers yet (though he will get it this year). He could hit 50 homers for the next ten years and still won't get it.

6. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Dunn finish with 900 HR? Listen, just because all the guy can do is either hit a homerun or strikeout doesn't mean he's going to produce like that for another 10+ years (which I highly doubt he does...).

The two players I see seriously challenging the HR record who are currently in the league are Miguel Caberra and Alex Rodriguez (both are very similar hitters).

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

A-Rod and Griffey. That's pretty much it in my opinion.

Ryan Howard is a strikeout machine. I accidentally drafted him in my keeper league and he's been horrible.

8. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

Howard had one good season and now all the sudden your picking him to break the all-time record ryan? please, id give Hank Aaron coming out of retirement and hitting the 1 or 2 hes gonna need to break the record AGAIN a better chance then Ryan Howard doing it.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Of note, Jeter and A-Rod could approach 4,000 hits too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar