Actual parts of Pac's letter from Goodell

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Mrs, Apr 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

I apologize in advance if this information has already been posted.

"......conduct has brought embarrassment and ridicule upon yourself, your club and the NFL and has damaged the reputation of players throughout the league. You have put in jeopardy an otherwise promising NFL career, and have risked both your own safety and the safety of others through your off-field actions. In each of these respects you have engaged in conduct detrimental to the NFL and failed to live up to the standards expected of NFL players. Taken as a whole, this conduct warrants significant sanction."

.....strictly monitored by the Titans and the NFL during the suspension as part of his opportunity to earn reinstatement through adherence to a set of conditions. Your status will be reviewed after the Titans' 10th regular-season game to determine the extent to which he has complied with the conditions and whether the suspension should be affected by the disposition of any pending or prospective charges.

....beginning June 1, you must visit the team facility once each week to meet with the team's player development director. Also, beginning June 1, you are permitted to spend one day a week at the team facility for conditioning, film study, and other similar activities.

....Failure to comply with these conditions will result in additional discipline, including possible banishment from the league.

".....I must emphasize to you that this is your last opportunity to salvage your NFL career. I urge you to take full advantage of the resources available to support you in that effort. I must protect the integrity of the NFL. The highest standards of conduct must be met by everyone in the NFL because it is a privilege to represent the NFL, not a right."

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Is that real?

If so I have to agree with the big guy point for point. BTW it does NOT open the door for Adam Jones to rejoin the Titans for week 11 it merly keeps open the chance that the suspension would only be for the season and not carry on. I for one don't expect the Nevada Penal System to allow Adam Jones to visit the Titans one day a week so I believe his noncompliance is a given.

3. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

GoT, it is real. Why do you think Pac will be in prison in Nevada? Last time I checked, you have to have an actual conviction to serve time. The Las Vegas police effed up and their case is losing ground every minute. Pac made bad choices, but a bad choice doesn't equal having to serve time!

This all makes me very sad. I wish the majority of the public knew the Pac that I and his non-thug friends know. He will truly find out who has his back in this upcoming year. Pac isn't a wilding out, thugged out street punk. He's more talk than action. Now, I can't say the same about guys from his "other" posse.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Not to some people here.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

you are correct.

As soon as the shooter is ID'ed, and he will be, then the Nevada crap really starts for Adam. Georgia is just waiting out there for him anyways. lol

6. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I agree and kind of disagree. If the shooter is ID'ed then my gut feeling is Pac might be screwed, because my feeling is he knows the shooter, but that is just my feeling, I could be wrong. But, if they havent IDed the shooter by now, Im not sure what more information they will get to be able to ID him.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

one of those idiots will be involved in something and then throw poor little Adam under a bus to save their own hide.

8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

..Which is still inexcusable in his career choice.

9. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Adam controls his own public image, he decided to stick with his thug friends and that decision has shaped his public persona.

10. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I didn't think you'd be posting for awhile, how did that Vegas thing treat you? You gotta tell us what that stripper did to make you go up there and get your Cat-fight on!:banned: We all heard that you were the one that instigated the whole thing, "A female acquaintance of Jones started arguing and then pulling hair with half-naked dancer, was charged with 2 counts of assault." When is your trial date set?:))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar