About Vrabel while at Ohio State....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Buckeye Titan, Jan 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

[​IMG]

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

[​IMG]

3. TitansAC4

TitansAC4 Starter

Vrabel left on his own, he wasn’t replaced. Vrabel wanted to be an NFL guy

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

I get what you are saying, but in X’s and O’s I was thinking more general strategy and big picture game planning. I think a head coach needs experience in these things. Agree that play calling should go to coordinators, but great coaches have great football minds too...I think that is important.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

I don’t think Belichick spend a lot of time in practice working with players on technique at each position. I think he likely delegates that to his position coaches. That doesn’t mean he doesn’t pay attention to technique and make sure his coaches are producing what he wants. But I don’t think he does a lot of one on one coaching of technique...could be wrong.

6. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

You're right, he stands there as "the hoodie" and delegates down to the peasants.

7. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

Belichick holds everyone accountable, yes even his coaching staff, something Mularkey did not do.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

He seemed to expect perfection from his players, given the number of times he threw them under the bus. He's just too stubborn to realize that he needs a better coaching staff to get that out of them.

9. Buckeye Titan

Buckeye Titan Starter

When O'Brian went to the NFL from Penn State, Larry Johnson became available. Urban hired Johnson and told Vrabel to look elsewhere. O'Brian knew Vrabel from the Pats and hired him. There was no public "firing", that's not most coaches style.

10. TitansAC4

TitansAC4 Starter

It was common knowledge that Vrabel wanted to go to the NFL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar