Aaron Rodgers or VY?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Dec 23, 2010.

?
  1. Aaron Rodgers

120 vote(s)
    88.2%
  2. Vince Young

16 vote(s)
    11.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Rodger's has been better than Vince since the day Rodger's became an NFL starter.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I tried making that argument too, but apparently we're cherry picking "this year's" stats to make the VY argument. Vince had a higher rating on Saturday night, by 0.1, I might add, which was a reason he was better this year. I guess not anymore.

3. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

What big games has Vince won? Rookie year week 17 against the Pats. They win, they are in the playoffs. Vinces stats were 15-36 227 yards, 0 TDs-2 INTs, ran for 29 yards. . His second year, playoff off game against the Chargers he threw for 138 yards, 0 TDs, 1 INT rushed for 12 yards. Last years Christmas night game, where a loss eliminated the Titans from the playoffs basically, Vince was 8-21, 89 hards, rushed for 40. The Steelers this year he looked like hell. This idea Vince is a clutch QB is a jokes. THose are probably the most meainful games of his career, and he was average at best in all 3.

4. murrykline

murrykline Starter

Well said...That is the reality. It is much easier to play better and more loose when you are 0-6, but come crunch time the mental midget collapses. ( then cries, quits on the team, fakes an injury to get off of the field, orders some chicken wings with a gun, threatens to kill himself, throws his gear in the stands, gets in a fight with the coach in front of the team, quits on the team again, tweets something stupid about god, texts an apology, and then instead of hanging with the team daily, probably heads to the strip club to fight some more A & M fans or something.)

Who ever said that it does not matter that you get a 6 on the Wonderlic ?

5. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

At this point, I think Aaron Rodgers is more mobile than Vince. His scrambling ability is fantastic. He could do a better job sliding, though.

6. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

He led a game winning drive last year against the Cardinals that helped keep our playoff hopes alive. The Cardinals were a playoff team that played good football. He helped us beat the Dolphins who nearly ended our playoff hope. They were a solid team.

The year before he literally beat the Texans in overtime by driving us down the field and then sprinting 40 yards through the entire Texans defense to lead us to a dramatic overtime win.

He beat the Giants his rookie year by putting up 249 yds and 2 TD's. He also had 69 rushing yards and a rushing TD. The very next week he helped us beat the Colts. Then we went on to beat the Jags who we'd lost to earlier with Collins. The following week we beat the Bills and Vince had 2 passing TD's and a rushing TD. He rushed for 61 yds.

And your complaining that Vince Young never beat anybody or helped us win games? Rodgers just beat his 6th opponent with a winning record.

And for whoever said Rodgers is a better scrambler?? Are you serious? Probably because they don't spy him or fear his feet. Eli Manning was able to get some rushing yards yesterday. GTFOH

7. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Yet somehow his team still supports him. Maybe the media has a way of spinning things.

He didn't rape anybody or send pictures of his sh*t to a female employee.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Vince has had some INCREDIBLE individual performances. That OT walk off TD against the Texans, the game versus the Cards you mentioned... those are good, outlier examples.

'o6 was a special season for a lot reasons but let's not elevate the Giants and Colts game to VY signature status.

C'mon- versus the Colts VY was 15/25 163 yards, 2 td, 2 ints...
    those are not remarkable numbers.

he did have some ABSOLUTELY HUGE situational runs that set Bironas up for a prayer 60 yarder for FTW.
    Still, it was a LAST SECOND FG after playing average.

The week before was certainly special.
    Young played much better ball.
    His stat line was a career best. 24/35 249 yards, 2 td...

as good as that was it would have been nothing without Pacman Jones and a Giants team spiraling out of control on a 3 game skid.

What is the point? Even Young's finest moments are an abnormally good outing or because something extraordinarily awesome in the other phases happened. For instance, when Bironas kicked 8 fg's was VY "just winning"?

VY doesn't "just win"... he's got a good record though. He's a paper champion. I'd rather have a consistent performer with more durability and less personal drama and a more resilient work ethic.

9. TJFish

TJFish The Arkansan

This thread is dumb. You might as well have made the poll "Tom Brady or VY" Everyone knows what the results will be.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

TJFish, I gave your homer butt a sucks for that one because I drew a few for saying essentially the same thing. Plus, I'm out of high fives for this 24 hour period.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar