Aaahhh the memories!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanium, Aug 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DYITBjLxr-I&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DYITBjLxr-I&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

http://www.gotitans.com/miracle.wma

I had a radio on while at the game. The crowd was so loud, I never heard anything past "he's got something".

I'm still trying to make a ringtone with this.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I was sitting in my apartment in Chattanooga alone when that happened. I went absolutely crazy. I made so much noise yelling and beating on the walls. I actually got to know the neighbor that day. He was watching too. Something really changed for me that day. The Titans became more than something I casually watched on TV when I could, they became a real obsession. After that I became sure never to miss games or never to miss a portion of the game. It's so hard to believe that it's been over ten years. So much has changed...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhNrrrCCTdA

5. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

I can remember watching a bunch of people up top filing out of the stadium right after the Bills FG, people going up the steps in our section as well. We were getting our jackets back on and kind of getting our things together along with the group we were with in the row.

I remember standing watching the kickoff, LoNeal catching the ball and running over and handing it to Frank and saying "why in the heck are they handing it to Frank..he is SLOW"....then when he threw it to Dyson and he just kept going I can remember looking at the fans in the endzone down that side of the field and they were standing/jumping with their hands in the air and knew he had something. Then it was like the entire place exploded...we were screaming, jumping and hugging each other and it was the loudest I think I have ever heard that place.

And it was sweet to see the Bills players standing in shock because right after the field goal they had been talking trash on the sidelines to the Titans fans....

It was absolutely one of the greatest times I have ever spent in that stadium....very cool.

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. TitanBlazer

TitanBlazer Starter

God I just watched that MCM video like 10 times straight. It never gets old.

I remember sitting on my couch in the living room...I ALMOST turned the TV off because I thought there was no hope. I was just sitting there sulking about how the season was now over...when Dyson took off down the sideline like that I jumped so high in the air my head literally hit the ceiling fan and I landed right in front of the tv. My love for the game of football and the Titans intensified 110% that day.

I have been looking for a sports moment to compare that to every since and nothing even comes close. good times!!

7. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I was sitting in the endzone the MCM was running away from.

Right before the kickoff, we started shaking hands with the people that sat next to us, saying things like "it was a great season" etc.

On the kickoff the play was going to our right, I thought we might get decent field position to make one play. Then Frank turned against the grain and threw the ball to what looked like a empty left side of the field, everyone seemed to stop breathing at the same time.
    Dyson looked like he'd been launched from a cannon and was shooting down the sideline and everything became surreal. It must have been what VJ day was like, 70.000 people losing their minds at the same time, strangers hugging each other, a sports induced euphoria I have never experienced before or after,...so far...

Then that high was shot down when we saw they were reviewing the play. Tense anticipation thinking how horrible it would be if they overturn the most magical thing we'd ever seen.
    Then a second spike of emotion when they announced the play would stand. That giddiness lasted for a long time...or I should say HAS lasted a long time. Watching any MCM video, to this day, releases my adrenaline, makes the short hairs stand up, goose bumbs rise, and tears start to well up.....everytime.....

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Ewker

Ewker Starter

awwwwww, Stevie Nicks :yes: now I remember why I lusted after her so much :tongue:

oh yeah the MCM was great too :)

9. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

If only I was in the stands that day...yet, I was a mere college jr brewing his own beer to make ends meet.

It didn't diminish the glory of that day, however,...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar