A win vs the Ravens makes this a successful year.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Jan 9, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Statz916

Statz916 Starter

Well that fact we almost had 2 WRs at 1k yards each, and a RB setting records I’d say it was a good season. But take away the accolades, we need more than a playoff win to mean it was successful to me. We were a game away, we only got better, but the defense fell off. I mean we scraped our way into the playoffs after starting 5-0, beating one team in the playoffs, doesn’t get it done for me

also we #3 offense in the league for 1 playoff win would be considered a failure regardless who’s team it is

2. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

With this defense, I disagree.

3. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

I don’t think we got better from last year. Our offense is better but missing Lewan hurts. And our defense is worse—much worse. So to me, getting to the second round is good. And last year we overachieved going to the AFC championship game. We are a top 4/5 AFC team, so finishing in the top 4 is good for me. Of course I want more but don’t expect it.

4. Statz916

Statz916 Starter

Why would u think we didn’t get better? We have a better record, we have the #3 offense in the league. We didn’t have that last yr. so yes we got better and the record says so. The defense however is beyond worse than last yr. so I agree with u there that we didn’t get better on that side. But for any team to have a top 3 offense and get bounced out of playoffs early I’d say it was a failure. Hell if the Chiefs get bounced out early, I’d say that’s a failure of a season and they lost 1-2games.

5. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

Yes, our record is better. But when you look at our roster top to bottom I just don’t think it is better. In my book the defense bears that out. Last year we were better suited for a playoff run in my opinion. A top three offense with a brutal defense makes an early bounce very feasible.

6. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Yes, true..

But if we were not forced to prove Mariota was trash in the first 6 games (losing 4), our record might have been better last season.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  7. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Coming off a 2-14/3-13 season, the bar needs tailored for measurement of success the next year.
    9-7 to 11-5 is improvement but after getting to the AFCCG last year AND knowing that feeling of having the best team fall short (09'/00') means that anything less than at least the Lamar Hunt Trophy is a disappointment.

I do love beating those Ratbirds though. If the opportunity to know out S**tsburgh comes up too, I may have to remeasure the success bar.

8. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Nah, last season we made it to the AFC Championship game and stayed competitive with the eventual champs (if only Houston didn’t have one of the biggest chokes in playoff history). This season we essentially have the same team, started off 5-0, and at times looked like a legit contender. I’d say we have to at least make it back to the AFC Championship game to consider this season a success.

9. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

Then you are likely to be disappointed.

10. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

If that's the criteria I don't expect you to make it. Ravens are hunting today.

I'll check back regardless. Here's to a great game

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar