A win vs the Ravens makes this a successful year.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Jan 9, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I know we entered the season thinking really big things. We were thinking super bowl. Obviously that is the ultimate goal in the playoff but because of injuries and circumstances we have all curbed our enthusiasm a bit. Many have said we do not have the defense of a super bowl team.

Not giving up hope we can do remarkable things and not assuming we cannot beat anybody in this conference. I think that a win here vs the hated, disgusting, vile and putrid Ravens will be enough to call this a successful year. Even if that is as far as we can go.

To tear the Raven's hearts out for the 2nd straight season in a row puts away all the pain left over from 2000 and 2008. I was at that game in 2000 and that was a hurting fan base. I was 42 then I I'll always remember walking back to our car and a guy about age 50 had the look on his face as if he just heard his father died. It was like a funeral.

People loved that 99-2000 team so much. Too bad the lingering memories are heartbreak.

The Ravens are the epitome of evil. Slamming shut their season makes this season a good one. Anything that comes after that is gravy.

Gotitans!

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 2
    • Troll Troll x 1
  2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

while I agree with the sentiment I would just as soon have 4 more Ws instead of 1

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

No it doesn't.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Ok let's beat the Ravens and then the Steelers.

The Ravens are like a dead rat that has been rotting for 20 years. Let's remove the odor.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

always enjoy Titan Sub commentary... could not tell you a damn thing he says though - LOL

6. Statz916

Statz916 Starter

I agree with the post except this win solidifies our season. We were 1 game away from the bowl and started the year out 5-0. We won the division as well. Anything short of that game is a failure.

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I'm worried because I feel the general atmosphere around this game is much more lax than last years. Ravens are a good team, and its hard to beat a team twice....

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. Statz916

Statz916 Starter

Well we already beaten em twice in the last 2 matchups. Wats to be afraid about?

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Note that I never said I was accepting of us being eliminated from the playoffs later on. I'm just saying that when all is done if you look back on a 12-6 or 13-6 season with a playoff win vs the Ravens that was not a bad year.

Did I say I'm disgusted by the Ravens?

10. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

Couldn’t agree more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar