A very blunt opinion of Young

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by tennygrl619, Jun 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hooky Hornstein

Hooky Hornstein Camp Fodder

And I can tell, from googling your name, that you are a thirty-something slacker, Vanderbilt fan who fishes, plays videogames, takes pictures and thinks "snuffdapunk" is a pretty cool expression.

But instead of writing you off as an immature fool sorely lacking in good judgment and making sweeping ambiguous assumptions about how all immature fools sorely lacking good judgment think this way or that way, I will actually give you the benefit of the doubt and assess your opinion as based on its own merit without prejudging it because of any biased opinions I may have about its author.

So in your opinion, Tucker is justified in saying VY is not professional while overlooking Roethlesberger's indiscretions because VY's actions hurt and upset his teammates while Roethlesberger's actions did not.

So in your opinion missing a plane has a greater impact on one's teammates than raping women so it must be a bigger offense.

I don't agree with that opinion. I actually think it's rather absurd and immature. But hey. If that's your opinion.

But you do realize, however, that Tucker wrote his article about VY on the heels of something that happened in a bar in Dallas.

Therefore, you're missing the point in your defense of Tucker - unless, of course, you somehow imagine that VY's actions in a bar in Texas adversely effect his Titan teammates even worse than Roethlisberger's actions in a bar in Georgia effected his Steeler teammates?

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

^Lots of verbiage in there. You sound like an infomercial lawyer at 3am, but hell yea tell dbc off.

3. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

If VY is a winner I guess Matt Flynn and Kyle Orton are winners too. That's fine but there's not a whole lot of NFL fans wearing Flynn/Orton jerseys and worshiping their every move. What's the difference?

4. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Great detective work Magnum P.I.!
    I remember the start of the 2008 season Vince Young wore the Captain's Patch. He lost his job to "injury" and at the start of the 2009 season that Captains patch was pulled. Sometimes things are what they seem. It's so funny that the VY fans are the ones that Hate Fisher the most yet it's Fisher's protectiveness of players that gives VY fans the 2008 "injury" shield. When anyone with a brain knows he quit on the team that day. Missing the plane, the hotel, the Code Adam, Punching a teammate, Wanting out of 2 games and the Strip club fight all combined with more Ints than TDs, meaningless wins against the NFLs lesser teams and zero playoff success gives me a right to not like the guy and think the sooner we move forward the better off the organization will be.
    It's no different than you guys that hate Nick Harper....except Harper acclomplished some things in his NFL career.

5. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Also, I did some research on Hooky Stein and found this gem.
    http://gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=23922&page=12

"In a couple of years when the Titans are 16-0, if Ewker is still has doubts about Vince Young then I think we can all give him a lot of hell, but as for now... "

The Titans were indeed 3 games away from that 16-0 season but VY was collecting splinters while it was happening.

Also you didn't post from June 2008 thru October of 2009. Hmmm... guess there was no Vince Young cheerleading to be done then. Sounds like you're a cleat chaser and not a team fan.

6. Hooky Hornstein

Yeah, you got me. I guess if I were a "team" fan like you, I could've spent that time complaining about Kerry Collins. After all, every fanbase can use more disgruntled malcontents spewing negativity.

I don't know though... complaining about a 13-3 season would've made as much sense as complaining about a 26-13 starter...

BTW, I see your ardent defense of Tucker has jumped shark and digressed into a general rant about your strawman perception of VY fans.

I'm a tad disappointed to see you fold up so quickly. I was hoping there was more substance to your opinions.

7. TitanFan007

TitanFan007 Camp Fodder

I love how this incident in a night club brings all the haters back in full glory. "This guy is not mentally tough enough or mature"!?!?

Should Vince have thrown a punch at a guy in a night club... no...

Will it make any difference to the Titans season or his career? Nope!

Move along folks nothing to see here until the season starts and we see how much more progress Vince has made on the field... THATS ALL THAT MATTERS!!!

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Ewker

Ewker Starter

"In a couple of years when the Titans are 16-0, if Ewker is still has doubts about Vince Young then I think we can all give him a lot of hell, but as for now

Hooky still waiting :wink2:

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Hooky Hornstein

Me too, amigo. Me too.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'm as much behind Vince as anyone, but 16-0??? I don't know, that's really something and I'm not sure anyone expects that kind of season anytime soon. However if it did happen, I'd be all in dbc's face with it lol. Vince is good and could be great, but right now with a weak defense no way we should even think a 16-0 year is possible. The best the Titans have done was 10-0 and that was with a very very good team all around. Too many holes here and there for us to hope an undefeated year is something to wait on. It's possible, and Hooky Hornstein did say that years ago when the hype was really all over the place, but now would be the time to go out on a limb thinking 16-0 was a real possibility. So any takers???? Who wants to say it now? I would, but I'm not LOL. Don't wanna jinx it :)).

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar