A sneak peak at the 2018 offense

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, May 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

We definitely have to draft a TE next year...Jonnu improvement or not.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

MM8 is smart... gotta teach him that chucking the rock into the bench is not the worst play a QB can make

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

I look for more spread sets, assuming our wr/te sets actually stay healthy and adjust to the offense....really on them as far as growth of the O.

4. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I actually envision more Steve Young than RG3.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I agree, he had a hard time learning that the first year, hes gotten good at tossing it away to live longer.

Availability is the #1 thing when it comes to QBs. Knowing what danger looks like and avoiding it is a valuable skill you'll never see on a stat sheet.

Mariota is playing the position the right way. Now it's just a matter of not holding back and letting him loose on the league.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

When I hear LaFleur say this, I take it as more PA, bootlegs and roll outs. Not necessarily designed runs etc like RGIII. And that's exactly what this offense should have been doing, they were wasting a lot of opportunity. Getting Mariota moving doesn't HAVE to mean running. He will of course, but it's also moving him out of the pocket etc to give the WRs time to get separation and up field.

LaFleur has had success with different types of QBs, and pretty much everywhere he's gone his QB has flourished. Titans already have a solid OL and what should be at least decent RBs and WRs, no reason not to think Mariota will take a huge step this year.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

A 2nd/3rd I could see. I think they'll need to go EDGE in the 1st next year though.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Mariota has been injured inside and outside the pocket. May was well take advantage of his skillset while we can.

9. STEVE McFLARE

STEVE McFLARE Starter

We will have the # 1 offense in the league this year! Marcus with a full off season with all of our weapons. The Mighty Titans will be UNSTOPPABLE!!!!

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Hard to find an edge rusher picking in the 30’s.

I hope we make a run Khalil Mack if he hits the street.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar