A. Samuel

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by rock8titans, Jan 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MattPan25

MattPan25 Guest

id love to get samuel but i wonder if we will outbid everyone else to get him. hopefully were not to cheap and make no excuses and just get him. hopefully fisher likes him and does just that.

2. TWR#1

TWR#1 Guest

I actually like Nate Clements here...A.Samuel is a number 1 guy...Pacman is our number 1 and is paid like it.I know Clements is a number 1 too,but he doesnt have the flashy stats etc as a number 1 and will come alot cheaper here than Samuels.Samuels is a more athletic guy like Pac,and Clements is more physical (ex:Roby's reverse) but is also a very good cover guy.

Id be happy with either,but I'd rather have Nate Clements with this system.

remember when we had Rolle,Walker,Robertson,Bishop? our run D was at its best because our secondary was great!

I think Finnegan is one of the best nickels ive ever seen here,and he can play multiple positions in the secondary,which could help in giving different looks.And if we have Pacman and Clements on the outside we could almost stuff the box against the run.And with Chris Hope still here,and either someone in the draft or Lowry or Vinny Fuller at FS our Defense could almost be set.

But i think we should draft a DE and DT somewhere earlier in the draft.

Then we could be back to our glory days with the D.

3. yea, we really need to get our d back to its form, because i think with vince on offense we are set

4. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

you got it backwards, Clements is going to want to be paid like a top 5 corner, Samuels is still going to get paid a bunch, but he would be best buy...

5. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

Nick Harper may be an option as well, what about him?

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Clements is a better corner. Many people say 'don't let samuels interceptions fool you' because he gets beat very often, he just seems to be in the right spot a lot of times for jump balls.
    Sure, he'd be better than Hill, but there are better cover-corners available.

7. Sannyasin

Sannyasin Guest

Clements has been to 2 pro bowls, and will be the highest paid corner in league history. He is probably better than Samuel but Samuel won't get paid as much.

Samuel is an above average starting cornerback in this league, nothing more, nothing less. Please name the cornerbacks available in the draft or in free agency that are better than Samuel... Clement is the only one I know of.

8. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

"this guy had 10 ints? he would be great. If we had him we could get fuller in at safety and draft the #1 pick at mlb."

i like asante ...but also i am realy worried that like most other pats he is a product of that defense.....i just dont know....but then again he does seem like a great player....i think i would like either him or clements probably as the front runners for our CB spot and leave finnegan as NB he seems to be playin much beter then hill.

how could u say that....lol..draft an mlb w/ the first pick...no no no...tulluch was an excellent college player and very popular if he was a little bigger he woulda gone in the 2nd round. i think he should get the start next yr...as he is very very fast...and also we drafted 3 lbs in last yr draft we shouldnt wast a 1st round pick on one...i would not like that at all...also check this out

Reasons for optimism: Do we have enough room? No team improved more over the course of the season, which means the owner won't stupidly fire a very good coaching staff. Vince Young has colossal potential and definitely seems to be in the proper NFL "pass-first mindset" that will allow him to use his running ability as a weapon and not a crutch. Offensive line is anchored by two quality sophomore tackles. Pac-Man Jones is the NFL's best cornerback outside of Denver. If Stephen Tulloch matures, the Titans will have a trio of excellent linebackers. - foxsports.com

see that part about tulloch its totally true

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I wouldn't rely too heavily on foxsports.com, besides, it just says "if" he matures. I'd agree it's not a major position of need though. I'm hoping we draft a DE.

I'd love to get Samuels or Clements, both look great, and with Pac we'd have a heck of a set of bookend CBs.

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I'd put Chris McAllister and a couple others that'll probably be available over him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar