A-Roid deserves

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Daves not here, Feb 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daves not here

Daves not here Camp Fodder

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Why? I don't know why anyone is surprised anymore. Most of us accepted that ALL/Most baseball players use roids- especially the great ones.

and who would watch baseball without these guys that have been busted? Bonds? Sosa? A-Rod? Clemens? McGuire?

are there any other interesting players in baseball? Oh- and you can get Pujols, and Ryan Howard dope up as well. Especially Pujols, and he claims to be sooo against it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Exactly, if Baseball was clean I'd be starting Short Stop for the Yankees.

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I don't have any doubt that the league willfully neglected to the steroid issue in early 90s. After the 94 strike, the fans didn't come back and the league was WAY down in revenue. The McGwire/ Sosa race in 98 brought a lot fans back and drew positive attention back to the game. The subsequent HR rates went up significantly and suddenly the league was full of "Mongo" appearing DH's and power hitters. (Bonds, Canseco, etc) You had Roger Clemens age-defying performance and rage induced broken bat throwing.

Only when it became so obvious 'roids were being used and the game's revenues were safely restored did the league (and Congress) get interested in cleaning it up.

Now my plug for Bonds. I've always felt he was particularly singled out to be the fall guy for the anti-roid movement because he is such an unlikable azz. Other guys who definitely were also on 'roids seemingly got a pass while he multiple grand jury appearances, subpoenas. He broke the HR records WELL after numerous negative tests. I've always felt sorry for him because he helped get the fans back for the league and then the league served selected to serve him up in particular.

There should be a deeper investigation of the league to discover which league officials had an understanding of how prevalent steroid use was and identify which officials could have intervened with policy as well as which officials who did know and chose to do nothing.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I agree Bonds was the fall guy. I don't feel sorry for him though. He knew what he was doing. And he lied about it. No reason to lie. When you get caught you own up. Otherwise you dig your own grave. The Federallies did bonk him good though. He helped them a little, and then they nailed him harder. If you give them all your information it could go either way ( you fry or they go easy on you ) and I think that is a risky path, but it's better than being nailed to the tin cup for lying, so you have to take your chances and be truthful in my opinion. If you get caught, fess up, and throw your buddies under the bus.

I feel that 20 years from now steroids will probably become an ok thing for people to do, and will be safe. And it is quite possible that 40 years from now Bonds and Clemens and McGwire will be inducted and forgiven.

But today is today.

I haven't even read the A-rod story, but he was always a suspect, that is for sure.

1986 was the year my eyes were at least opened, and by 1991 when guys like Will Clark and Don Mattingly became nobodies by comparison, I think everybody knew what was going on.

It is amazing how many Cy Youngs and MVP's were won by users. They work.

6. Riverman

Agree, but there were others who denied it also, and many who were popular (Sosa for example) who totally skated into the sunset without suspicion/exposition. Funny how their numbers went WAY down afterward.

I'm just irritated with the Bonds thing because I don't like for one guy to get singled out- there isn't any way to justify that. The whole lot of them should get the same treatment.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Does anyone honestly care about MLB anymore? I loved it as much as anyone as a kid but, after the strike of '94, have never felt the same about it.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Never was a huge fan, but I pretty much hate it now.

I was joking with a friend of mine that played some college baseball. I said he should get together and file a lawsuit against MLB on behalf of all former college players that did not make the majors. Grounds of unfair competitive environment.

It makes me sick to think to succeed you HAVE to do steroids. There really isn't much other way to look at it when 95% of every great player over the last 15 years seems to be guilty.

And it makes me more sick to realize the MULTI-MILLIONS these cheaters have made. And more sick to know that Bud Seelig (sp?) makes 17 million a year as commish!!! BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARF! Sue these *******s, at least they should all give some money back or to charity or something!!

And then, to add to the sickness, I listen to most of my friends that are baseball fans, basically saying, I'd rather players use steroids because I want to see homeruns and faster fastballs.

:barf:

I just threw up in my mouth.

/rant over

9. Riverman

I wish Ken Griffey Jr. would get more credit. Sweetest swing in the past 30 years. I'd bet he hasn't EVER touched steroids.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

They need to release the entire 104 on that list. Otherwise, the world will assume EVERYONE used in 2003 (which I already do).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar