A post not about Pacman. Drew v. Wade

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Feb 25, 2007.

?
  1. Keep Drew, let Wade go.

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  2. Keep Wade, let Drew go.

22 vote(s)
    53.7%
  3. Try to keep both.

14 vote(s)
    34.1%
  4. Neither are that important.

2 vote(s)
    4.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The logic of gunny..

Bennett not good or worthwhile. Wade, jones, williams, givens, robt, orr all better?

If bennett sucked so bad how come nobody stepped up and took over the leadership at that position the last 2 years? Williams and roby were no shows. wade has had 2 decent seasons out of 4 and was dumped outright by the bears. Givens will not likely contribute much next year.

Are we going to go into next year with wade as our #2?

We can keep both bennett and wade for about $8M. Is there a better cheaper option? Show me where it is.

2. Bennet and Jones were our only down the field threats.I do like Wade in the slot,shifty,runs good routes,and for the most part good hands.We definetly need Roby or Roydell to step up this year.We don't necessarily need another #1 we just need a playmaker.If Wade was 6'1 hed be even better

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Logic of most of this board.
    Brandon Jones is a true #1 so Bennett is expendable.
    Bennett is not a #1.

Let's go ahead and say those assumptions are correct and add in that Givens cannot be counted on to contribute anything next year or possibly ever. In other words forget what we paid Givens, it doesn't matter anymore.

IF Jones turns into a stud all the more reason to sign Bennett. Bennett can go back to being a solid #2. Bennett is better than Stallworth will be for the money or probably any other FA guys out there.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I like Wade but it amazes me the love affair some have with him. If Williams and Roby (or Orr) are not good enough to take over the #3 spot if Wade leaves those guys were total busts. Lets be honest, if we lose Bennett but sign Wade we are no better off and actually much worse unless we hit the jack pot in the draft. If we saved the money it would cost to sign Wade, signed Bennett (obviously higher) and then expected Roby or Williams or Orr to step up and take the #3 it would make much more sense.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

How motivated will wade be?

My stand has been to keep both our WRs if possible and i am willing to take a chance on wade but wade is not a "prospect". He is entering his 5th season and had all the reason to be motivated in 06 after the bears gave up on him.

Wade signed a 700K one year deal in 06 but obviously needed to make the team to get most of that. With his career on the line and the possibilities of a new much larger contract he delivered but how motivated will he be with a $15M deal?

I think he will be fine but it is a concern. All indications are that he wants to be here and will play well.

Again if there is a better, cheaper solution than keeping both these guys tell me what it is.

6. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

If we start the 07 season with the WRs that we have, assuming we re-sign Wade & Bennett, who will be our #1? Wade? Bennett? I believe we're going to have the same problem if we fail to re-sign Travis. Who's our #1 RB? LenDale? IMO, if these guys make the #1 spots, don't look forward to any playoff games in 07.

7. I agree with everything you said.There a couple of different combinations you could use but what it comes down to is how Roydell,Roby, and ORR will Pan out. If we were to lose Wade i think Roby could slide in there and take his place of the three.Better hands and route runner then Roydell but hes got the better size. The reason i think Wade is more likely to stay is because of (a)money (be) hes also a punt returner should anything happen to pac and (c) i found it curious that fisher expressed such intrest about Wade when asked if he would like to retain both WR's.Norm Chow already said should the titans draft a WR in the draft he's going to play right off the bat and contribute.I'm still iffy about throwing a rookie right in the fire and making him understand the system in a year,but hey look at Colston(saints) you would of never thought he was picked in the 7th Rd by the way he played.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

IMO what you see is what you get with Wade and Bennett and Bennett would be alot more important of the two to keep and obviously it will be easier to replace Wade's production than Bennett's. I doubt Wade will get anything close to a 15 million contract but every dime we save by not re-signing Wade could be applied to keeping Bennett, a much wiser move. Also, if a guy like Orr is really a good looking prospect let him play. Why have a guy on the roster that is nothing more than a #3 when you have younger guys with potential who need to see the field.

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Sox, I think most people would be fine with keeping bennett if they thought he was looking for average #2 money. The problem is that he wants to test the market, and SOMEONE will want to pay him well more than that. He's not worth that big of a raise.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

while we are discussing logic of others here is the logic of Roll and Soxcat -

If you don't agree with me, you're an idiot.

:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar