A post not about Pacman. Drew v. Wade

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Feb 25, 2007.

?
  1. Keep Drew, let Wade go.

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  2. Keep Wade, let Drew go.

22 vote(s)
    53.7%
  3. Try to keep both.

14 vote(s)
    34.1%
  4. Neither are that important.

2 vote(s)
    4.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ewker

Ewker Starter

rcarie is George Plaster ???

2. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

Oh no! I've jinxed the whole season!!!:doh:

3. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

D'oh well whatever man. I'm with ya. Wade, Givens, and Big Brandon Jones plus a legit addition via FA or the draft and we's set. BJ in '07!

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Dangermode..

Givens might not ever be worth a darn again. He might re-emerge as calico in 2008. What makes you think we can rely on him? And what FAs can we get that are worth a darn at a reasonable price?

Who is that legit FA addition? Kevin curtis? Drew is better..

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Rcarie...

How many game winning plays has wade made in his career? The bears considered him to be a huge disappointment and dumped him.

I think we should keep both because we can't expect anything from givens this year and there are no better free agents. From a value perspective it's better just to keep them both and they already have worked a year with VY.

Brandon jones will likely be our #1 this year even with bennett back but because he will be #1 his production might not be as outstanding as you think. As for drew i think he can be a real good #2 guy. He lead the team in yards per catch with a healthy 16 ypc average. Don't we need that?

As for wade i like him for the money but he will never be more than a good #3..

6. Matty

Matty Guest

IMO keep Wade for sure and let Bennett test the FA...

Wade looks like a really good prospect and Jones seems to be playing well with Young to... Bennett is simply to inconsistent!

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Plus Wade doubles as a returner.

8. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Bennett has been the leading receiver on this team for the past several years, and there is a debate on whether to keep him or not? Givens probably won't make it back, yet people are ready to dump Drew? The mentality of some people. When Vince learns to deliver the ball on target, these same people will start saying Drew has improved. He catches a ball in triple coverage against the Colts for a TD, yet he is no good? He draws double coverage most games, and allows other people to get open, yet he is still the one Vince goes to when he can. He may not be a #1, but he is a great #2, and we should try to keep him.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Plus it isn't just about re-signing our 'leading receiver'

It is about money.

And just because someone is the leading receiver doesn't make him good or worthwhile.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar