A major problem if Fisher is fired

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Nov 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Kennedy Pola wasn't at all loyal, he ran away first chance he got.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. SoCalTitan867

SoCalTitan867 Starter

Agreed, I have zero problem with Fisher, Dinger and Cecil taking a walk next year. I've seen more than enough (and I don't think I'm alone here) run,run, pass, punt and cover 2 to last a life time.

3. The_Jerr83

The_Jerr83 Camp Fodder

Yeah he got a better job. It is always about upgrading your job.

4. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

I believe that when they took away the "wedge" that Alan Lowry went insane and hasn't figured it out what to do yet. it's been more about people being in the right spot at the right time ever since.....unless it one of those big gainers.

5. amy

amy Starter

Vince won't go; he wouldn't last two weeks anywhere else. Heck, he hasn't even learned the Titan kindygarden play book. How in the world is he going to learn a more complicated one? Besides, here he is protected by Grandpa Bud. I think it's going to depend more on the relations between Bud and Fisher than between Fisher and Vince. If Fisher can't convince Bud(or his grandson) that Vince is a cancer, then he will be gone after this season and he won't care what happens to the organization. jmo

6. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I don't know how good or bad Dinger is. How do we know how much control Dinger has over the offense? He's had some good plays it just seems like we don't run them enough. I'd be willing to give Dinger a chance to see if it was Dinger's calling, or Fish handicapping him.

As far as Vince not knowing the playbook??? He's the QB. When has he effed up a play??

He's thrown 3 picks the whole season. 1 was a last second hail mary and the other 2 were a result of disguised coverages. Please don't make speculations

7. The_Jerr83

The_Jerr83 Camp Fodder

Whoa stop right there. I believe Fisher is not utilizing what Vince is and thats a play maker. They are calling plays out there that is sub par with what this offense is capable of. Him haven't learned the whole play book is a stretch since he had a top 5 QB rating. If you let Vince go I am positive some another team will pick him up real quick and would do 100XXX better because they are not running up the middle every play.

8. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

About the whole playbook and VY not getting it thing; this to me is just one of those situations where we as people who don't play football or any fast paced sport have no clue just how hard it is to run an NFL offense. When I was listening to Frank Wycheck the other morning he was talking about the fundamentals of an NFL offense and he was using terms I have never heard before and they are basic things to them. I think that if we all got under center for 1 snap in an NFL game, all the talk about how VY having to take a water-downed playbook would cease

9. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

No doubt the looming labor issues throw a big wrench in a lot of planning for next year. I think that is among the reasons Bud is biding his time with Fisher (in addition to the fact that he'd really rather keep him if possible).

10. emong

emong Rookie

You're kidding, right? VY picked up quickly by another team and do 100x better? Where?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar