A look back at Matt Hasselbecks TD's

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Jul 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I like MH but I don't want him to be our starter. I like him much better as our backup to Jake.

MH is too similar to KFC, too immobile and easy to get rattled. Throw pressure at them and they force bad throws.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Who gives a crap about meaningless playoff appearances? I want this franchise to aim at a super bowl... which will never happen with MH under center. Let's start building toward that with Locker.

We aren't the Texans... playoff appearances shouldn't be that special to us anymore.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I gave a high five for the effort and it produced some warm memories but i'm not sure how it proves that Hass was not any good.

Funny that the little ad lib play to Britt is very similar to Kenny Stabler's play against the Dolphins in 1974 that basically made his career. People remember that play that beat the previous 2 time super bowl dolphins but not the fact that Stabler lost to the Steelers the next week.

The third TD was a low pass to Washington that was exactly how to throw that because nobody else could get that ball but him.

A lot of basic stuff there a fade, endzone passes to wide open TEs. So?

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Hold on a minute, you're going to say Hasselebck is immobile and easy to rattle? He's slow yes, but like Tom Brady he makes subtle moves to avoid being hit, he's not KFC dude. They are literally two entirely different QB's. Other than the fact they're old and white, they're really not much alike in how they play.

Hass is an outside-in QB, he'll scan the sidelines then come inside, that's not KFC's style. Hass actually had some scrambles, KFC never ran, he couldn't. Hass made himself available all 16 games despite being hurt for half of them, when KFC gets hurt he's out.

I know they have comparable numbers, but with Hass in I at least feel like our offense stands a chance. Watching KFC play QB made me sick, literally.

5. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Actually, KFC played hurt a lot, especially his last season here. I get tired of the excuses for Hasselbeck. Only QB in history to have to play through adversity!

And no, when was pressured, he threw ugly passes many times. Teams picked up on that. The last eight games of the season, he threw far more interceptions than touchdowns.

I do appreciate you sharing the videos though!

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

He was the 8th best QB with a 92.2 passer rating. He threw for 4,177 yards with 29 TDs. He was a lot better than Hass last year. I'm not saying that he has always been a top 10 QB, but right now he is. I know it's a hard concept to take in, but we will be playing QBs and their teams in their current state. We don't get to pick which era QB we want to play. Quarterbacks improve, but not when they're 37.

7. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Idk, Brett Favre did pretty well.

8. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

I want a thread with all the Rusty Smith TDs.......

9. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

You almost received a high five right there, Costa.

almost

10. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

Brett Favre was an elite QB. He didn't improve, he just continued playing at a high level despite his age. You only get that quality in elite QBs. Hass is declining.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar