A Look at Free Agent Prospects for '07

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Nov 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

I've got him in my Madden, he's a beast. In IRL he had a slow season last year, but seems to be catching up again.

2. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I want Freeney he's a beast even if he hasn't had a good year it's because he has no line help hes double teamed all the time. Or Adalius then grant.

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Freeney

Freeney is simply the best DE pass rusher in the NFL...period. He gets pressure even when double teamed. If you look at the replay of when VY threw the bomb that our WR tipped and was picked, Freeney is doubled by Roos and Bell and does his spin move inside of Bell and gets right into VY.

However, it all depends on what we have to give up for Freeney. I don't want to give up any draft picks....though he might be worth it!

However, Adalius Thomas at RDE and Reggie Nelson at FS sounds like a good compromise!!!

Gut

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Colts won't give him up. They'd be foolish to do so, but you never know.

Thomas and Nelson sounds fine to me right now. :yes:

5. tntitan89

tntitan89 Guest

Parrish was just cut by the 49ers, so we'll see if the Titans agree. Could be another nice veteran FA pickup.

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

49ers safeties have been getting played all over this year. Don't know if I pull that trigger.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Tony Parrish getting cut was a big mistake. That guy is quality.

8. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

My first priority would be to get our hands on a stud WR who would help greatly on offense and give VY someone consistent to make the catches..

I also agree the Freeney would help on defense, but whats up with his 2 sacks all season? That sure is a mile away from the 16 sacks he had a couple of years ago.

9 forced fumbles in his rookie season, and only 1 this year?

I understand that the setback is partly because of all the double teaming he's been facing this season, but don't forget that was also the case in 04 and 05, yet he was still able to pull of 16 and 11 sacks in those two seasons.

I also agree that he's a great pass rusher, however I've got to say that his performance this season has greatly deteriorated..

9. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

Who are you talking about? What FA WRs do you consider to be studs?
    Unless I'm overlooking someone, I don't see one out there that the Titans would want. Bennett will be an UFA but I don't consider him a stud.

10. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

You’re right…
    Looking into the FA options, I also don’t see anyone who would be considered a stud either. I was however addressing our overall need and that we needed a WR in general whether from the draft, trade, or FA market. Unfortunately, Tyrone Calico turned out to be kaput.

Travis Taylor is an above average WR, but I don’t see him being any much better then Drew. Signing TT and cutting Drew wouldn’t really make any sense.

Guess our option lies in the draft. I don’t see us having any bargaining chips to try to trade someone for a good WR. To shift away from the FA and into the draft, I would love for us to get our hands on Calvin Johnson. Now here's a guy that has speed, size, hands, and the ability to make great acrobatic catches. Drafting Calvin Johnson is the equivalent of giving VY his new best friend..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar