A first for Verner: reps at free safety

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Jun 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Oh IDK maybe the guy they left alone at CB....

That same guy whos been starting ahead of Verner the past 3 years.

2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Yea, you're correct. Neither are number one guys. At least in the previous scheme. Verner I think, could excel in an instinct based safety position. I could see him moving around like Troy P.

Hopefully Wreh-Wilson or TC step up huge and take over as a starting calibre cb. We need their size and speed. You could always put Coty Sensabaugh in at nickel. 4.3 speed.

3. JCBRAVE

No one will unseat Jason McCourty for that No.1 CB job, not this year anyways.

4. Clark

I don't think or didn't imply that someone would take over as the supposed #1, but start at least across from him. Verner is serviceable for spot duty in zone coverage as well as definite nickel starting. However, press man... He and coty are the odd guys out.

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I don't see anything coming from this except for having an emergency situation ready if Griffin sucks/injured and we have no one else to fill in. Also with Williams here no alignment or scheme is going to surprise me. Verner seems like a guy that can play some Safety, so if needed it would be a good idea to get him some experience there.

6. Clark

Actually hearing gray talk... He said our nickel guy needs to basically be a LB. we're not trying to size down on nickel because of the run game. He said it would be unfair to ask verner to play run stop at 185 lbs....

7. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Verner broke into the lineup 1st didn't he?

They've both started after that. Verner's played just as good as McCourty if not better at times.

8. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I'd love for Verner to be our free safety. One, he's a better tackler than Griff, and 2, he's probably our most intuitive corner at this point.

I see him in the nickel and moved around a lot this year but not starting at FS.

9. JCBRAVE

Hes a really good tackler. I once saw him eat a block then bounce right back up and make a tackle. Dude can play, just wish he were faster.

10. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

JC's boyfriend.:p

Nah, I totally put McCourty as #1, and I think my boys Bleedy Ray and Sensabaugh are going to show out this year.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar