A few thoughts.....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titantonic, Aug 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titantonic

Titantonic Camp Fodder

Things I hope I'm right about:
    * I think Volek will peform better than many people think. He has waited a long time and knows this is his chance to earn a legitimate shot to be a starter somewhere;
    * Travis Henry will look a lot more like his pre-injury Buffalo self than he did last year;
    * Roos will quietly become a very effective left tackle;
    * The back seven on defense will be much improved in all three areas. Hope and Thompson will do fine, Pacman and Hill will take the expected second-year leap, and the linebacker play will be the most improved position on the field. I think we'll shore up the CBs with a waiver pick up late into camp;
    * Givens will make a huge difference on offense. He's a real pro, he's big and he doesn't blow catches. He'll have a big effect on the young guys if they will emulate his route running and the way he works.

Things I hope I'm wrong about:
    * I've had a nagging feeling that Lendale White is going to get hurt in camp and limp around long enough that he won't truly be ready for game one;
    * I think Vince Young is going to look really good in pre-season games against reserves playing simplified defensive formations, and fans are going to get crazy impatient wanting to see him start. He needs and deserves some time to learn real NFL defenses;
    * I'm not sure we've done nearly enought to improve either line. I do think Mawae will be a great addition, but I'm not nearly as high on Jacob Bell as some. He has done an adequate job under some tough circumstances, but I've seen nothing of him that makes me believe he'll help the offensive line take a step up. Piller and Olsen looked to be about done last year. Let's hope the renewed emphasis on the running game rejuvenates them.
    * The same could be said for the defensive line. Losing Long certainly doesn't help. He was a good pass rusher and was getting better against the run. Hopefully Mahelona will step up and Clauss is ready to contribute more. It's also time for Starks to step up and start realizing some of that potential, and hopefully Albert will have dollar signs in his eyes and want to have a monster year to get a new contract before his final year next season.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I agree with you on just about all except I think Pillar and Olsen will have a much better year. Pillar 2 years now from his torn biceps and Mawae's experience and presence will help gel the unit.

3. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I agree with absolutely everything you said Titantonic.

4. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I don't agree at all of your assessment of Bell. Go back and watch some tape of 2004 and see who is the guy that gets to the 2nd level and screens off the LBs on a bunch of Brown's long runs. If you look at the line play in 2004 you could easily say that Bell played the best. I'm not sure that RT is the proper spot for him because his biggest one of his biggest assets is his ability to pull which isn't done as much from the tackle position.

5. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Is Bell still getting pushed around like a rag doll?

6. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

from what i have heard from a friend @ camp was that Bell looks very good on the right side so far

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

what ? no Calico prediction ?

8. Titantonic

Titantonic Camp Fodder

Well, let's see....how about this...I think Tyrone Calico is one of the coolest names I've ever heard. Also, I hope he goes back and gets his degree and has a fantastic life.

9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I agrree with almost everything you said apart from the 'line' issues.

We didn't have any respect from our opponents regarding the passing game.That dink n dunk short game scared no one and opponents just stacked up against the run and humiliated us. I can't see that happening this year with Volek and better receivers.

It must have sucked to play in that offence last year. I reckon a new plan and a new attitude will make a big difference to how the line will perform.

10. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

I predict Calico will drop a bunch of passes and get injured in game 5 (i hope i'm wrong).

I like your predictions Titantonic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar