A draft day trade in the works............

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by bongo59, Jan 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

heck no I don't waste a 4th on that deal- they'll prolly end up cutting him anyway

ask yourself this would you trade Steve McNair for JMac?- thats what we would be doing in that deal...

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

hmm............. no

3. TWR#1

TWR#1 Guest

how about a 5th since he wants out,and is likely rumored to be cut if he doesnt find a new home soon.Rumored to be one of their so called "cap casualties"

I'll give a 5th,but not a 4th.

4. I wouldn't trade anything for him. But I'd pick him up as a free agent for a cheap 1-year contract.

5. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I believe that what we need isn't necessarily the best WR corp out there, but some consistent good performers who will be here for several years and become familiar with VY and vice versa.

I'd prefer a younger guy with more tread left on the tires... so I say keep the pick.

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'd love to have him back, but I wouldn't take this deal at this point. I'd offer a 6th, and maybe a 5th as we get closer to the draft. J-Mac was a lot of fun, and we'd have a deep WR corps and could use our other picks instead of worrying about Givens' return. It also depends on whether or not we re-sign Drew.

7. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

If he's probably gonna get cut, why waste a draft pick trading for him? wait til he's released and, as someone else already said, sign him to a cheap one-year deal, although I don't think that would be a good route to take either, we're building for the future, we don't need players for one year, I don't think we're at the point where that would help, I'd rather draft a reciever that we'll have for 4-5 years (or more) so that we can build a team for years to come.

8. Ewker

Ewker Starter

The Titans don't need another WR. The Titans play Fisher ball which is running the ball. Passing is secondary in his system.

9. TD10

TD10 Camp Fodder

I guess I'm the only one here that wants J MAC back. He could bring back the deep ball threat. W/ McCareins we know we are getting a quality player, there are no guarentees that we get a quality productive player in the late 4th round.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Considering our WR situation if Bennett leaves I would offer a 5th rounder if we can get JMac for a reasonable price for a couple of years (Maybe add incentives and an option year). He could contribute early and might be our #2 WR with Jones. The key is how JMac compares in the coaches estimation with guys like Roby and Williams. Obviously if he isn't an upgrade to those guys he isn't worth having. If they see him as an upgrade he is worth giving up a draft pick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar