A couple of articles on where the Titans are entering '11

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

That first article is spot on. I agree with the overall assessment. I'd like to think McRath could be better, but its a bad sign that he was suspended for PEDs and then his game went downhill.

3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I have always liked CBS writers for some reason. They are very formal in what they say. But both actually were spot on.

4. 24

24 Starter

5. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

nothing we dont already know. Need a qb. Lbs sucks. Cj is good. Cortland is a hothead.

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

looking back on that 2006 draft, there was hardly any way to win. The only other player drafted in the top 15 that would have truly been great for us (Ngata) was picked 9 picks later. That was just a dead end of a top 10.

That should tell you something about this years "untalented" QB class. 2006 came in with all the hype and talent in the world, and with a small questionable exception with Cutler, they were failures.

People are down on this years QB class because they are not hyped as much as Leinart, VY, and Cutler were.

7. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

they arent hyped but i got a feeling this years QB will produce at least 3 starters down the road. I think Locker is gonna be what Tim Tebow wish he could be.

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

This year's draft and off-season will reflect MR's talent level more than any other thus far. I believe he deserved his extension. Now with Fisher (and his draft influence mistakes) gone, we should get an accurate assessment of what MR can (or can't) do. I have a feeling we'll see a good re-building this year. We probably will be a 4-7 win team, but I believe we will show some positive signs towards contending again in 2013-4.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I thought last year McRath was going to be a beast. My dream was that he'd be a young Keith Bulluck type player. But it looks suspicious when you get busted for PEDs, then struggle the rest of the year..

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'm not going to learn anything from reading those articles so let's pass that and move on to where this thread is heading.

McRath, so is he now a Brian Cushing minus the great stats? Good til the drugs wear off? Based on his 2009 season I honestly thought a lot of McRath. I'm still feeling pretty real good about him, but there is that suspension and poor play last year that leaves many unsure about him. Until he has a Nick Harper kind of year, I'll stick with him. He's young, fast, and just added 10 lbs so he can last 16 games. Not bad so far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar