A closer look at Khalid Wooten

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, May 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

He was also the first in a really really long time. NFL countdown did a story on how opposing WRs did not respect him at first when they saw he was white.

2. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

I just know this is a bad idea. . .

So, if ur a black guy in high school wanting to be a CEO, u better find another dream?

all i am saying is who cares about color? I have no problem with you man. But as a white guy i get called a racist in the media constantly. And now i get called a racist by the current occupant in the WH. So i get bothered when stuff like that is brought up. No offense, just gets under my skin.

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

We have done quite well with our 7th rd CB picks but one didn't play until he was with somebody else and another is currently with another team.

The fact we drafted this guy was a reach. I doubt he was on any other draft board.

But i could be wrong and he could be useful on special teams i just think they were too obsessed with the idea of a big CB wit their 2 picks at that position.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I guess you can call a mixed player anything you want. Tiger woods is 50% Asian, 37.5% black and 12.5% Native American and all anybody sees in him is black.

He's a Buddhist and his favorite food is Thai because his mother is from Thailand but you never here about that.

5. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

As a black guy I've never looked at it that way but I can definitely see where your coming from. I always looked at it different from a regular job but its a valid comparison. In some ways, its much more than JUST a job.

Good comparison. With the white dude I knew, I never knew of a corner better than him. He was the fastest and most athletic corner on our team. What if he didn't make it because of his color? Does racism really go on in sports like that on some teams?

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. GOFIGURETITANS

I dont think its a sports thing brother. Just an American thing that we need to get past. Unfortunately, there will always be shlt stirrers who intentionally inflame it for profit.

7. GOFIGURETITANS

I dont know why i feel this way. Just cant help thinking that this guy is gonna really be a stud corner for us. Pro bowl before his contract is up good.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

That's cos Thai food is awesome.

9. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

when are you ever going to ship me some Kangaroo Pot Pie or Koala Sticks... maybe a little Wombat Juice if I ask nice enough?

10. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

lol as a white guy you get called racist. if you feel like there talking to you, and your feeling accused. maybe you oughta take a look in the mirror. ive never seen obama say all whites are racist.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar