A.Brooks MLB?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by danny, Mar 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. royhobbs

royhobbs Guest

Yeah, you, me, the Titans and 31 other teams. Someone will take a chance on him before our turn in Round 3 of the Supplemental Draft. He can't have many more problems than Pacman and we took him 6th overall...the fact that we pick third in the supplemental draft too might help us if he's there at the top of Round 3. This might all be a moot point if we take a LB like Hodge or Jackson in Round 2 on April 29th.

2. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

its not for sure where we pick in the supplemenary draft, its a lottery to show where we pick, we could have the 1st could have the 20th, they did so teams won't do secret deals with juinors just to get them, I would spend a 3rd on him, I mean the dude is a Top 5 talent, could you imagine:

LOLB David Thorton
    MLB Ahmad Brooks
    ROLB Keith Bulluck

thats one of the best in 1 or 2 years, and has domination written all over it.

3. Spinnaker

Spinnaker Guest

We don't have a 3rd round pick!!!!!!!!!:grrr:

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

You give up the pick for next years draft.

5. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

Meaning we pick him up in the 3rd round of the Supp, and give up the 3rd in '07...

Which I'm NOT in favor of doing. There's a lot of value to be had in the 3rd (and we haven't had a ton of luck giving that up *ahem* TH)

6. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I maintain that Travis Henry was worth a 3rd so long as he doesn't get caught for substance abuse again. Ahmed Brooks is a first-round talent at a position of need. I'm not really sure about him since I don't ever remember seeing him play, but it sounds worth a gamble. I guess it depends on what he did to get kicked off the team.

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I'm pretty sure the supplemental draft was changed to just follow the draft order.

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

We could use a third on him. We've used thirds to poor effect before (and I won't include Henry) -- such as Shad Meier.

I'd think about Kai Parham if he lasted until day two. Though with that awful 40 time, you know he'd have to run all summer long. Five-point-oh for a linebacker is ridiculous.

You know what could happen -- remember Ernest Shazor? SS/LB from U of Michigan last year, projected to be late first/early 2nd? He went undrafted, Cards got him as UDFA, and what, he didn't even stick, did he?

We could gamble a third on Brooks. But you know teams like the Raiders, Ravens and some others will bank a second to get him.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Shazor is still with the Cardinals.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar