8-4 a mirage according to the Washington Post...and me

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 520, Dec 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

Tf is a shoutbox?

2. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

there is an instant-chat style "shoutbox" that you can see and talk with everyone in on the front page, but you have to have access to taboo. i believe the standing rule is you have to be a member for a year before you can get access to taboo although you'd have to ask TitanJeff

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

We are 8-4 because we've played teams with backup QB's and IR riddled rosters. Ya ya, you play who's scheduled. But this team has had things fall in the best possible scenario opponent wise. And they haven't looked convincing with it.

The problem is, nothing has really been corrected. It's the same over and over. But the competition have allowed them to get away with it.

After the past decade, I'm happy to see the team win most weeks. It's their play that I'm concerned about. The Hawks and Jags games were impressive, they looked legit. But from there, the opponents rosters got worse, and the team barely got by. If the offense could figure things out, the defense is playing well enough and the team is healthy enough that they could do some damage. Only thing is, it all comes back to what it was att he beginning of the year; this coaching staff blows and doesn't deserve to be an NFL HC/DC/OC.

This said, would love to see them in the AFC Championship game. 23:1 odds on my bet :)

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. TT4L1

TT4L1 Starter

I have to disagree with you there. At the end of the day, the win is the most important thing. But, how those wins come about do preface how a team will potentially matchup in the playoffs. Based on our big picture performance this season, we will not fare well at all in the playoffs. If just making it to the playoffs is the ultimate goal for you, then your statement has merit. If your expectations are to do well in the playoffs and contend for a super bowl appearance, you should be a bit more critical as a fan.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  5. TT4L1

TT4L1 Starter

Because we barely beat the 3-9 Colts, twice. Who are missing their starting QB. Also, took the 0-12 Browns to OT. You know, the only team this season that has had to go to OT to beat the browns. Let’s not forget we got beat by the Dolphins. Got demolished by the Texans when that had their full roster. Barely beat them the second time when they were missing Watson, Watt, and Mercilus. Played a genuinely good team in the Steelers and got embarrassed. Not beat, embarrassed. Perhaps some of those things may attribute to the reason why the Titans aren’t talked about in the same light as others with similar records?

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  6. TT4L1

TT4L1 Starter

To those of us that have had season tickets since day 1 and have been through the highs and lows... “just being in the playoffs” is far from exciting. When you have invested thousands of dollars into the team as a fan, you tend to have a bit higher expectations. And you tend to be a bit more critical of anything less than the best. So, while I’m not “betting” the money... I assure you I’m “putting real money on it”.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  7. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

YTD Records against teams with winning records:
    MIN - 4-1
    PIT - 3-1
    TEN - 3-1
    NWE - 2-1
    KAN - 2-1
    SEA - 2-2
    JAX - 2-2
    LAR - 2-2
    PHI - 1-1

All other have losing records. Including ATL - 1-3, BAL - 0-4, and LAC - 0-3.

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

The only sliver of hope I have of consistently downplaying --- is that we're playing possum until the playoffs..... using plays that NEVER work, schemes that constantly get honed in on by the defense -- that way you give the WC opponent/DIV opponents, Pats, and Steelers false tape......

And then open the real money plays, and have the opps reeling....

Although, I don't think we have the OC capable of that strategy..... but.... there is the slim chance for more than meets the eye.....

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Isn't that what you said last year when we went 9-7

"This is just a mirage. Mularkey sucks. TITANS will be 6-10 next year!!"

And here we are at 8-4, you keep saying the same thing about next year now

10. TT4L1

TT4L1 Starter

A stat that doesn’t consider teams played and strength of schedule of each individual team. It looks nice on paper, but doesn’t tell the full story. In sports, if you think strength of schedule doesn’t matter and record is the deciding factor just the ask 12-0 UCF Knights.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar