8-4 a mirage according to the Washington Post...and me

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 520, Dec 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

Mentioned the Steelers game cause it was Prime time.

And iirc, our only other prime time game was MNF against the Colts. And after that game, the media was singing our praises after struggling for 3 quarters and then talking all week about how "Mariota did it with his arm", how he has arrived as a pocket passer, and this is a team to watch out for.

They say you're only as good as your last game? Well that narrative doesn't apply to the Titans. To the media, they're only as good as the last time they were on national TV.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

What would you say if we get bounced by a team with a lesser record?

To me that means we aren't as good as our record indicates, kinda like 2008.

Isn't that the point of this thread? We are playing the worst football of any of the teams with 7-8 wins, is that so terrible to believe? Doesn't mean we can't turn it around.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Or the last time we played a team with their starting QB and 65% of other starters. We've played some really crappy teams this last 6 weeks save the Steelers.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  4. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Honestly with the way this years going we’ll probably get the pats round 1 but the night before tom gronk and billichic would die so they’d play all the backups cuz starters would be too distraught and we’d win with a fg at the end of regulation and the team and fan base would say were the greatest team ever cuz we beat the pats lol

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

are you new to football, pats will have a bye week18

• LOL LOL x 2
  6. 520

Well, at least from my end

I promise not to rub my rightness in yalls faces till we “collapse” next year and mularkeys suddenly on the hot seat

• LOL LOL x 1
  7. 520

Highly doubt they all die before their first playoff game too....

8. TitanNation1

TitanNation1 Special Teams Standout

I mean our playcalling is so bad on offense that it's holding this offense and team back. I don't get how we can have such a good series of playcalling and then go into dormant mode the rest of the game. Like that one drive against the Bengals and that one against the ravens was amazing. Other than that it's atrocious the majority of the game

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

Maybe a few more of their guys can Gronk themselves out of a game though.

• LOL LOL x 2
  10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

We need higher draft picks to get better!!!

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar