5th year options. Titans decline Corey Davis’. Accept Adoree Jackson’s.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, May 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

While it is true that he has a much better qb throwing him the ball now, part of being a much better qb is the way he spreads the ball around.

If Davis is going to get numbers it is going to be by doing what Jonnu and AJ do, and thats strong arm his way to YAC.

2. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

And even if he does have a 10 year career, it will be as. A JAG, down the depth chart. The only reason anyone will know his name is we were dumb enough to take him in the top 5.

Now I hope last year was an injury thing, and that he comes out balling next year, and we give him a deal, and he and brown and jonnu and Henry terrorize the league for years to come.

But so far, he's a bust.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Vorsutus

Vorsutus Starter

My point is the word bust gets way over used. He is a disappointing pick not a bust.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Davis is a YAC monster lol

that was probably his best trait coming out of college. I don’t know enough about the different WR positions (Z,X, etc) and what those roles involve to say but I’d guess him having to go up against the #1 CB probably has something to do with it. Now don’t get me wrong we drafted him to do that but I can’t help but think that’s part of the reason. Big difference between Western Michigan and the NFL. Along with inconsistent QB play over his tenure, and Lewan said he was hurt most of last season.

I love the Corey Davis pick. I said he reminded me of Terrell Owens. But to this point he hasn’t lived up to anywhere close to what a #5 overall pick should have been doing. He’s not bad but he’s not a star. You don’t pay $16 million to people who aren’t stars.

Sure he can turn it around still and he might but he’s had 4 years to take that leap and he never did.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Yeah. I'm cool with saying you are disappointed in Davis's production, but bust is overused and misused.

If virtually no one produces to their expected level, the problem is likely with the expectation.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

ok. Semantics is our difference. Bust pick versus bust player.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Hes been in the nfl 3 seasons not 4. This is his make or break year.

Even if he doesnt take the next step hes a fine wr2 to have around after 2020

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Don't expect much from CD, we have a run heavy offense and now he's the second option to AJ Brown who is simply more explosive. Number 2 production in a run heavy offense doesn't add up to much no matter how good he is. At best 35 receptions and a handful of touchiedowns. AJ Brown probably gets 65 catches. That's just the math. The offense was already producing at a high level too, so not much room for growth.

He likely sees himself as much more than that. And he should. But he's not going to do enough next year to earn big money. Mariota held him back. Do I think he's capable of 70 catches, probably, yet to be seen, but it won't be here.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

CD has already had 65 catches with a limp arm QB one season. You dont think he can hit 70 with a guy with a cannon?

This team this yr is the best its been, he might get close. What kills my hope of him hitting these numbers is like you said, the volume of passes it would take to have AJ and CD hit such impressive numbers might just not be there. We were 31st in pass attempts last yr. But who really knows with Tanny. Maybe we evolve the offense to where there can be room for two +60 catch WRs. Miami was a place WRs had big stats with Tanny.

10. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Exactly. People who think he's just going to sign some low end wr2 deal with us and settle in for a career of stellar run blocking and low end wr2 production are nuts.

This is most likely his last year as a Titan. He will go sign with some team that throws more and gives him a chance to show what I'm sure he thinks he can do.

The only real chance he stays here is if he puts up enough numbers that we pay him crazy money or more likely, tag him. That, given our offense, is unlikely to happen. With brown, Smith, Humphreys, etc., there won't be enough balls going his way to do that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar