5th year options. Titans decline Corey Davis’. Accept Adoree Jackson’s.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, May 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

That's true, but if they're franchise changing players, then there's no way around it. It's going to come at a price either way, whether it's a wasted draft pick or expensive contract.

2. Vorsutus

Vorsutus Starter

I agree. But if a guy is good enough to put the option on they will also be getting a new contract. I will say it is odd it is not used before a contract gets done for more players. I would expect more guys to get the option and then get extended but we got what we got.

3. Tricky

Tricky Starter

We picked up mariotas option...

• LOL LOL x 2
  4. Vorsutus

Vorsutus Starter

Dont put that shiy on me lol.

• LOL LOL x 2
  5. Afc46

Afc46 Oilers/Titans HoFer

Don't you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby!

• LOL LOL x 1
  6. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I don't know about that. Some of the options picked up were pretty shaky. OJ Howard, Evan Ingram, David Njoku, Jabril Peppers, maybe Derek Barnett.

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

It’s called an option for a reason. It’s used in “still to be determined” scenarios for extension. It’s a pretty bad sign that the team has given up on one of their early picks when they don’t pick up the option. (Eg- MM8, Conklin, etc)

8. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

It is tough. You need 1st round picks to get the Mahomes, the CMC, the Aaron Donalds, the Julio Jones, etc, etc, etc. And they are so valuable for that reason.

...but they really only work out as envisioned maybe 25% of the time, maybe less.

9. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

Hopefully we never have to cross this option with Rashan Evans... keep him and Jayon intact.

10. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

The options outside the top 10 are pretty reasonable. I would expect him to get optioned this time next year. Then they'll try to work a deal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar