5 Years From Now Vince Young Will Be Listed With This Group

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titan1216, Nov 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LonghornSean

LonghornSean Camp Fodder

5 years from now, even if Vince never throws another TD pass in the NFL, he will still go down as one of the greatest college football players to ever play.

What separates him from the QB's you listed? How about a National Championship ring. (I realize most of you don't care about his college career, but don't pretend that Vince belongs in that group)

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Welcome to the board Sean.

I like your positive attitude.

3. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

It's times like these when I am ashamed to call myself a Titans fan. Sure, we have a great fan base, but at the same time, we are composed of idiots, band-wagoners, and fair-weather homers. It's funny how everyone expects Vince to be riding T-Racs go-kart to Canton already. Are you guys seriously that inept when it comes to sports and the NFL? Aside from MAYBE Roydell Williams or Gage at times, Vince is the only legitimate play-maker on our entire offense. The odds aren't in his favor. Just look at the weapons that the top 5 QB's in the league have at their disposal. They have the likes of Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Terrell Owens, Jason Witten, Hines Ward, Santonio Holmes, Braylon Edwards, Kellen Winslow, Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, Marvin Harrison. You are free to reach your own conclusion but it seems a little more than coincidental that the top QB's have all these play-makers around them. I'm not making excuses for Vince, and I'll be the first to say that he is struggling, but I also bring into consideration the supporting cast that the kid has around him, which is nothing. It is up to our FO to get our long term investment some insurance, if not, he will surely become a bust. So please, in the future, consider all the circumstances before you go pinning the bust label on Vince. He is our future and he will produce, he always has. For his sake, hope MR throws some money or a high draft pick at a WR/TE.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

You think maybe it is coincidental that those great playmakers have a top 5 QB throwing them the ball?

What was Moss doing while in Oakland? I found it really interesting that you would put Wes Welker on that list. Welker is a guy who might break 1300 yards this year at the pace he is on. He also has 7 TDs. What kind of numbers do you think he racks up catching passes from the great Cleo Lemon if he was still in Miami (by the way Cleo has a much better passer rating than VY).

I know this for a fact and you can draw your own conclusions as well. We could have same set of playmakers as the Cowboys or Patriots and our passing numbers would still be bottom half of the league (and posters would be griping how we still need to get better play makers). Welker would just be another Bobby Wade on this team. Stop kidding yourself.

5. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Very well put Sox. Someone still has to underhand toss the ball to those weapons, or read the same defense, OOOPS! I said READ, well that's the problem right there. Crap, just let him run around and make people miss, his career will be shortened to 5 years, and then nobody can't tell him nothin. Vince's new nickname?

SLASH!

6. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

That's ridiculous. Randy Moss has at least 4 catches a game that have nothing to do with Tom Brady. They are balls that are thrown up for grabs and Moss is just that good. Hell, Brady has even been documented as saying that he "just throws it up there for Randy to catch." Randy's first year in Oakland he had over 1,000 yards and 8 TD's. I guess that's inadequate production according to your standards.

Take TO away from Dallas. Would Romo be quite as good? Look what a healthy Winslow and a #3 pick living up to his hype have done for Derek Anderson. If you think Derek Anderson's emergence has been solely his doing, then you're wrong again. For example, just take a look at Edward's TD grab yesterday, could any of our receivers make that catch? No. Braylon has made uncatchable balls become catchable all year. As for Brady, his stats have DRASTICALLY improved because he now has a legitimate receiving core. His passer rating has always fallen between #4-#6 in the NFL, and now it's head and shoulders above the rest. Coincidence? Maybe. By the way, Wes Welker caught 67 balls last year with primarily JOEY HARRINGTON throwing to him. Maybe he is pretty good after all.

I'm not saying that having reliable receiver's will make Vince the best of all time, but it would obviously help his progression as an NFL QB, and get some of you expert critics of his back. Even Bennett and Wade somewhat helped. What are they doing now? Am I kidding myself here? I don't think so. I just have my eyes open, and realize what the problem is.

7. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

We can continue to debate what kind of QB VY WILL be in 5 years, like the economy, or the stock market, or Oprah's weight. Truth is, none of us have a crystal ball, and all we have to go by is his past and current accomplishments to lend some kind of credibility to our predictions. The past out weighs the current situation by leaps and bounds.

For God's sake, It's funny to see this even being a credible debate seeing how he's just finished one complete season as a starter (20 total games). The number of QB's that come into the league and have instant success, is nowhere in comparison to those who are mildly successful, notheless starting after 5 games, and actual contributing to a teams success.

As we all are Fans of this team, I would think that we would have more people HOPING and CHEERING for his success, instead of condeming him to failure this early in his career. It seems that we have a handful of you who actually seem to be rooting for his demise week in and week out. If that's the case how can we all be fans of the same team?

But as we all are Fans of this team, I would think that we would have more people HOPING and CHEERING for his success, instead of condeming him to failure this early in his career. While that's the case It seems that we have a hndful of you who actually seem to be rooting for his demise week in and week out, if that's the case how can we all be fans of the same team.

Hell, our WR's have shown some flash, but the level of consistency has fluctuated for both QB, and WR's. Also, I don't recall any of the WR's that VY threw to in his colleigate career, being drafted and is a number one legit WR in this league, but they still caught his passes, and they were procutive. So the debate can continue. Which came first, the QB or the WR???

8. KingTitan25

KingTitan25 Guest

this thread is a joke. vince is 24, he almost took us to the playoffs in his rookie yr last year. the first couple years u have to let a qb develop. where were all these haters last yr. to many of you got spoiled last yr now expect to much out of him in his 2ND YEAR. all quaterbacks that are great take some time in their first couple seasons. everyone needs to relax and give this some time. for the most part a lot of ppl act like these sport "experts" and jump on and off teams and players from week to week. u dont develop a qb over night. or 2 years. lets just enjoy a season that looks good for once instead of wondering what pick we will have in the draft.

9. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Where are the bench Mawea comments? Sure Young had a bad game but two week in a row Mawea has miss snapped a ball on huge plays.

We are 6-3 and 2nd in division ... when he throws the game away like Garard did to the Jags last season we can talk. Till then cut Young some slack. He is our Qb and he is going to be for a while even if he turns out to be a bust.

Get over it.

10. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

Welcome back Gunny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar