Post-Game Thread 49ers 25, Titans 23

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Dec 17, 2017.

?
  1. Yes. Going from 8-4 to 8-8 will doom him.

50.0%
  2. Nope. AAS loves her some Mularkey.

50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

You didn't follow the thread and see what else I saw and said. Based on the game flow as it was happening, I mentioned we tried to do several shotgun draw or hand offs to DeMarco in the 4th quarter on a few possessions and it all failed, gained a yard or loss yardage. Based on that, why does or did Robiskie call that again??? If you intent is to run up the middle, why not I-Formation and pound in!

The shotgun hand off was not working at all yet Robiskie decides to try again with the game on the line? Absolutely needs to get fired.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

I don't mind running in shotgun formation. Its less predictable. Heck Murray had enough space to get that first down but as has been the case all year his vision has been trash. Yet this coaching staff continues to put more trust in him than our franchise qb. I understand Mariota hasn't been himself this year but Its still viable experience for him to handle situations like that. He learns nothing from giving the ball up with the game on the line to a washed up rb.

3. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

I get it, running from the shotgun is less predictable; however, the last couple possessions or sets of downs in the 4th Quarter we kept trying the shotgun delayed run or handoff and it failed to net anything! Knowing this, the play was called again when we absolutely needed a 1st on 3rd and 2.

4. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

That's what makes it so unpredictable. The fact it hadn't worked all game, specifically in the 4th so only a complete moron would call it with the game on the line, key play.
    Oh, never mind.

5. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

Well thats why Mularkey is a loser HC. He badly wanted to revert back to what he believes wins football games instead of using better judgement and adapting to what the defense was giving us all game. The draw plays were not working and frankly haven't been working all year with Murray.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I went through the game log. Murray had 10 runs of 3 yards or more and 7 of less than 3 yards, two of which where on the last drive. So prior to that drive Murray was 66% rushing for 3 or more yards. Mariota was 64,7% on passing for 3 yards or more yards (and that's a bit skewed by the prevent defense the 49ers played before half). So really the odds were extremely close.
    And statistically, looking across games and teams, running the football gives the best chances of gaining 2 yards.

As an aside, Henry had 3 plays for less than 3 yards and 4 for 3 or more yards. So not exactly the choice of a betting man either.

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Ball never touched the ground as I could see. Walden looked to have possession as they were going to the ground, but then lost it and there's no clear shot of who gains control afterwards, so they have to stick with the call on the field. It's tough luck, but with the catch and replay rules it couldn't be any different unless the on field call had given us the ball.

8. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Why not just run an option? Easy first down

9. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Mariota has a leg injury and it serms they don't want him running the football. Don't think he wants to himself either when you see how reluctant he is to take off when nothing is open.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar