Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titantrusince82, Oct 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RealestWhiteBoy

RealestWhiteBoy World Champion

Before the game, everyone knew that Troy wasn't playing for the entire week. Without Troy even being considered to dress, we were more than a 5 point underdog at home. Without Troy playing, each and every one of you were on here talking about how we are going to get crushed and making a joke for me saying we had a chance, if we can run the ball. hahaha

Now, we went out and won like I said with the gameplan I said, and now we only won because they didn't play Troy. Well, you all knew they weren't playing Troy and thought they would crush us without Troy.

It wasn't a flukey or lucky win. It was straight football, and we just played better.

Now, we are going to beat Bills, Colts, Bears, Dolphins, and Jags.

Texans are going to lose to Ravens, beat the Bears and Jags, lose to the Lions.

Then, the 6-4 Titans will host the 7-3 Texans with control of the AFC South on the line. :)

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Exactly.

3. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

We had a blocked punt, they missed a fg at the end to win. And big ben was finally not clutch for once!

4. RealestWhiteBoy

The losses were bad, but we couldn't get out run game going in any of the 1st 3 games. Britt was out the majority of the snaps leading into the Steelers game. Cook was in and out. Locker was in and out. Our FB wasn't doing his job at all. We didn't have our 2 starting DTs. Wimbley was still learning the system. McCarthy out.

We made the changes, we have gotten healthy. Nobody expected a quick start to the season. We knew our tough games were upfront. I would rather us get healthy in the games we knew we were gonna lose than to mess around with health issues in the winnable games and lose them, too.

Last 3 Weeks:
    Rush O - 17th
    Pass O - 17th
    Total Yds - 18th
    Rush D - 13th
    Pass D - 7th
    Overall D - 9th

So, our team isn't as bad as people make it seem, we just had a rough start with health issues against great teams. Now, we are healthier in the middle of an easier streak of games.

Like I said in the preseason, we will be lucky to start 1-3, but after that we can go on a steak. I said before the Viking game we would only lose 1 game between then and the Texans game, and I still stand by that predictions. :)

5. RealestWhiteBoy

The blocked punt was a scouting and called play. It wasn't a flukey play with a bad snap or something. Also, it was in the first half. It didn't determine the game.

Big Ben didn't get a clutch TD at the end, because our defense stood.

They missed a FG because they knew it was 2 yards outside their kicker's range and went for it, anyways. That isn't a flukey play. Bironas's miss was more of a fluke.

It wasn't a matter of flukes, like I said. It was 2 teams that played very solid football for the entire game and we made the plays to come out on top. That was a great game and a great win for us.

You want to take about flukes, 2 TDs in 18 seconds was a fluke. hahaha We should've beat the Lions by 14 in regulation, and we stood tall over the Steelers.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. RealestWhiteBoy

Ditto.

7. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Just because it was a called play doesnt mean it always work. The fact that it worked was a fluke! Otherwise we would block a punt every week.

Yeah they stood by clearly letting him run around for 10 seconds and he had two ppl wide open for big gains! He just missed them.

Bironas didnt have a miss smart one!

Take away both great special teams plays and we lose the only two games weve won this year!

8. RealestWhiteBoy

That's like saying that a WR catching a ball over the middle is a fluke. Sure, you scouted that defense and called the play ... but sometimes WRs drop balls, so it's a fluke when they catch one. hahaha So, you're opinion is that the Titans won the game because of a play in the 1st quarter? Yea, we blocked a punt, recovered on the 1, and then burned 45 minutes off the clock. haha Their kicker is under .500 from 50+ yards with a career long of 52 ... him missing a 54 yarder short isn't a fluke. It was a bad decision by their coach to give us the ball at midfield with timeout, granted ... but a fluke, it's not. It was simply an incredible game. Our D done their jobs.

Ok, let's take all the "fluke" plays out of the Lions game. We remove the 105-yard kick return and the 2 TDs inside 18 seconds ... Titans win by 7.

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Well, the Nate catch was very fluky... but I'm not one to take away from a great victory due to "fluke" plays. We broke an NFL record for 60+ yard TDs (5) in a single game. That's awesome.

But yea... the Lions had every bit as much luck as we did - more luck IMO... especially considering help from the refs.

10. RealestWhiteBoy

Even more-so about the special teams play vs the Steelers ... the punter took the punt inside his own 10. Lets say he gets the punt off, Rey would have fielded around the Titans 40 ... we would have got some points from it, regardless.

Also, while we are taking points off the board, take away 7 points for the Mike Wallace TD reception ... that should have been a touchback Titans ball, because he fumbled it across the goal line out of bounds.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar