40 Times & NFL Careers

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, Apr 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

Athletic profile overall is more of a check box. If a guy is a good size, and can run all the timed measurables in a similar time to his peers at his position, then he's a good athlete and you can go back to watching tape on him to figure out how he plays the game.

If a guy is significantly outside the bell curve for his peers, good or bad, you'll probably want to take a second look at him to either figure out why he wasn't better in college, or figure out if there's something else attributing to his success.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I think in general too much stock is put in the 40 times. Without an overall body of work to go with it, it doesn’t really have any value and like the example, just because you have a “slower” 40 time, doesn’t automatically mean NFL bust.
    The only time I see it even coming to play is on a play where a dead sprint takes place, WR do it all the time but even then, they still have to navigate around a DB AND, if the QB is dead on accurate, the speed difference can be negated.

3. Carp

Carp Starter

Not sure what player you are referring to in the original post. If it's Quez Watkins would played for SMU, I mean he has amazing tape and great measurables, so it isn't his 40 time is the only thing to look at here. I won't pull my hair out that we didn't draft him. WR isn't a huge need. But I did really want him as someone who can take the top off of defenses.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

We were all ruined by CJ2K. When you see that, it changes everything. That was electric. We've never had, or likely will have, another player who could go the distance on every play like that. AJ Brown and Derrick Henry show glimpses, and that's a real good thing. Cause it's rare. But after that I can't really remember anyone else and that includes the entire Oilers history. Maybe White Shoes.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

41 times. Carmen Electra.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar