4-3 "Under"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Jul 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Question for those who hope for a 3-4 base.

After Ayers and Wimbley who do we have for OLBs? And what do we do with Ball and Morgan 2 pure 4-3 type ends? Who would be our 2 inside linebackers? McCarthy is one.

What makes Ayers different is that he is big for a 4-3 linebacker. Use him in a 3-4 type scheme and his role is different. I like the combo of size and speed we have for 4-3 schemes.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Gray has said before he would play Morgan at OLB if we were a 3-4. IDK how well it would work, but thats what Gray said.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The Raiders were in cap hell a few months ago, they had to cut a lot of good players. Don't twist that into meaning Wimbley sucks. He had to go so they could build a full team, he was sacrificed, not shunned away.

As for Casey and Martin, I agree, they're 4-3 DT's not 3-4 NT's. I do however think they could be NT's if need be. It's just that they're too athletic to be turned into NT's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar