3rd and Long

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Sep 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

When we knew they wouldn’t be running the football... one drive doesn’t make up for nearly 500 yards of offense to a team that had one of the worst offenses coming into this game.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

I’m not complaining about winning, ugly or not a win is a win. But we haven’t played a really good offense yet and we’re still getting gashed over and over again. So far our opponents this year have a combined record of 1-8 and we’ve barely escaped each of them. What happens when we play a good team?

We allowed 181 yards rushing today on what 25 carries? Allowing 500 yards a game against mediocre offenses isn’t a bad play here and there.

It’s better to be 3-0 and have a chance to fix the problems than 0-3, but we better start seeing the defense that showed up on the last drive a lot more starting next week against the Stoolers!

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Very well put. If you aren’t worried about the defense after these first 3 games I’m not sure what football team you’re watching. It’s been ugly.

Steelers, Bills, and Texans are licking their chops right now.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Big concerns thus far.

- Young WR are making us look like clowns out there. They are all really good, or we made them look good.
    - Limited Pass Rush
    - We are barely beating teams that other playoff teams are handling easily.

We are playing well as a team though. So I like what I see. Getting healthy should help. And closing that final drive off was encouraging.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

The Bills are likely pretenders, but when we make the playoffs, those bastards always make it too, and something epic happens when they collide with us.

6. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

I think the defense can certainly clean it up. I also think the offense is potent enough to make up for the defense BUT the defense has to be at least decent. I think they will come around...hopefully sooner rather than later.

7. McNair9

McNair9 Special Teams Standout

Our defense cannot continue to play this bad and rely on our offense to win every game. I don’t want to hear about adoree being out either. We are absolutely pathetic against the run and he’s not going to change that. Steelers are our first game against a playoff team and unless our defense begins to shows signs of improvement quickly we are in trouble.

8. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Tired of teams fixing their problems when they play us...

Cook's career game
    Rookie WR Jefferson goes off for 175 yards

9. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

It feels like we are playing on top of a bubble now and that there is no way we can keep winning because the bubble is going to burst. I hope much of this is our version of slow starting 2020 style and we get the sloppiness ironed out soon. It seems clear that both Adoreé and Pees are sorely missed.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. Afc46

Afc46 Oilers/Titans HoFer

We were not converting on 3rd down offensively and we were allowing the other team to convert on 3rd down.
    This needs to be fixed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar