360 update

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Deuce Wayne, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is a look at some additional features you will find interesting:

· Play from hard drive. Copy your games from the game disc and play directly from the hard drive. Not only will the drive not spin, but load times are quicker, as well. Of course, you will still need the disc in the tray to prove you own the game.

· Access Xbox LIVE Marketplace on the Web. Browse and purchase Marketplace content whenever you want from Xbox.com and it downloads automatically to your console. Purchase that new map, television episode, the latest Xbox LIVE Arcade game or set up a movie to watch when you get home from work.

· Dashboard built into the new Xbox Guide. For everyone who loves the blades interface, it’s not going away; they are now built directly in to the new Xbox guide. Every feature and option is available right from the guide. You can even access your full games library at all times. No matter where you are (in dash or in game), immediately call up your games played list and directly launch a game.

· LIVE Party system. Create a party of up to eight friends, and stay with them from one game to another, or watch a Netflix movie together, or share a slideshow of your personal photos. It works with all Xbox 360 titles, not just upcoming games. LIVE Party allows up to eight people to chat in the dashboard, so you can meet up before playing.

· Xbox LIVE Primetime. This whole new category of games is going to give you more reasons to get online with your friends. Games will support everything you’d expect, like Achievements and leader boards, but many of these games will include real prizes. You can invite your friends, and even set a reminder for an upcoming show. Each game is broadcast simultaneously, so everyone is answering the same questions. Many events will have a live host, calling the shots as they happen.

· Avatars. Your online identity started as a Gamertag - it then grew into a personalized Gamercard. Now, it has evolved even further into avatars. You can express your style, check out new outfits and share this with the community. Avatars will also be integrated into Xbox LIVE Arcade games, LIVE Party, as well as retail games.

· New display support. Because you asked for it, we are adding 16X10 over VGA or HDMI, and support for 1440x900 or 1680x1050.

Nov 7th.

-----

The avatars thing is kinda homo, but they say you can go back to the old blade dashboard if you choose to.
    I was hoping for IPTV on this update, but the Netflix thing alone will be huge.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

am i the only one who would use less than 90% of this?

it's like when my buddy got his iphone a few weeks ago, he starts telling me all the apps and gadgets it has. i know i would never use 95% of them.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'd probably only use Netflix, pending on what is it like getting the movie (downloading and how long it takes)

4. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Netflx is the only thing that interests me even remotely. Really cool feature though.

5. Deuce Wayne

I'm pretty sure the Netflix service is streamed. So you can select and watch instantly. But the selection is very limited. Just like the one on their website. Good for old and foreign films. Few TV shows also.

BigT - I agree. A lot of it is useless for me as well. And agreed on the iphone. My blackberry has too much crap that I don't use already.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

You guys must get pretty good download speeds, I don't think we could stream a movie with what we get without it buffering every 3 seconds.

7. HALL97ROX

HALL97ROX Camp Fodder

Did this update happen already?

8. Deuce Wayne

Yeah. I dont know why the ps3 downloads slow. It's got to be a fixable problem, so I'd assume it will be addressed in the future.
    When you preview movies/music vids it streams right through, so I'd assume the netflix does the same. Could be wrong though.

Hall - November 7th is the date of the release.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

By we - I meant in Australia.

I find the PS3 updates are slow but otherwise they are fine (at least on a general level we get with our servers in Australia).

10. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Actually, my PS3 downloads are going quite fast now, as compared to about 6 months ago. This includes torrents, games, movies, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar