3 WR Sets

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titantrusince82, Oct 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

What do you guys think about 3 WR sets (under center and in the shotgun)? I agree that we should bench Gage and Crump! Have Britt, Washington, and Cook at WR. Keep Bo at TE. Let either WR go in motion and create mismatches with the other team's LB or Safety. Keep CJ in the backfield (or Ringer, he is not used enough). We can "Draw Play" and "Screen Pass" to CJ or Ringer as well in a 3WR set.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Ive been saying this all along. Good luck convincing people on this one.

3. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

lol we've had more offensive creativity displayed on this forum than the coaches seem capable of thinking up. Sad really. You could do so much with the guys on the field, but they refuse to change the offensive scheme, god the more I talk about the more pissed I get..

4. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

We definitely need to run more spread formations. 3WRs all the time, with Cook as the TE option to motion out as a 4th WR.
    You don't even really have to pass too much with this formation either. What that will do is clear out the box so CJ, JR and LW has fewer people to run through.
    They'll either have to run a nickel or dime formation, OR their LBs will be mismatched on our WRs...or even Cook.
    If they have more than 7 guys in the box, one of the 4 WRs won't be covered...and would most assuredly be the hot route WR on a blitz.
    And on defense, we need to stop playing this zone crap and get back to man-to-man (with 2 deep) press coverage. McCourty and Mouton may be rookies, but they seem to have more speed than Harper does.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Guys... this idea is just stupid. FISHERBALL works!!! 3 WR sets are just complete nonsense. Take a look around the league and tell me how many teams you see having success with 3+ WR on the field at the same time?

You gotta stick to the script! Here's how you win games:

1st&10- run for 0 yards
    2nd&10- throw the ball out of bounds
    3rd&10- run for 3 yards
    4th&7- punt

then you wanna mix it up a little bit like this....

1st&10- pass for 4 yard gain
    2nd&6- run for 5 yard gain
    3rd&1- throw the bomb incomplete
    4th&1- punt

/sarcasm

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

How about the last two teams that we played (INDY and NE)?

7. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

I think our coaches limit the players. They dont give these guys enough credit to learn something new like a wildcat formation or screen passes.

Our guys are capable of learning any offense, the coaches need to remove the training wheels and open the playbook.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'm all for this spread idea only if Vince will run. Tell Vince he should round the day off with 10+ scrambles/runs and it will be effective.

In high school we had one of those Fisher type coaches and one year we were great the next year we had a similar season to the 09 Titans. the next year that coach was gone and we were ranked #1 for 5 weeks and were the New York Giants team of the week. What that new coach did was take advantage of the teams strengths. Something both Fisher and the old coach did not do.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I was totally kidding.

10. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

JC,
    You're on track, but Dinger will also need some plays to counter any counter that the defense has for Vince running.
    -plays that would expose and exploit the spies (most likely one or both OLBs)
    -rollouts, bootlegs and shotgun formations
    -WR routes that are resistant to being jumped by a waiting DB
    -hot routes for blitzes
    -practice the screen pass...ad nauseum (a well executed screen pass to CJ would be deadly every time)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar