#3 pick for Schaub

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Tuckfro42, Apr 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I think he is a decent back, he's not that bad guys, but come on, we have to take Young, potential superstar over overated mediocre QB any day of the week, period

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

What strikes me is that there seems to be much better evidence for keeping/starting Volek rather than Schaub, even less than trying to compare that value to the potential new QB...

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I wouldn't take that trade for Mike Vick let alone Schaub.
    Volek might be better anyway.

4. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Man, I'm getting killed.http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/images/smilies/hmm.gif

Let me clarify my reasoning for Schaub-he holds every passing record from his alma mater, Virginia; He has successful NFL experience; his completion percentage is low because of dropped passes (Besides Crumpler, Falcon's receiving core is a joke); His pricetag isn't nearly as high as what a drafted #1 QB would be; and a 3rd round pick would be included.

Schaub is one of the most valued young QB's in the league. Don't believe me, ask the Jets' FO. They wanted him in the Abraham deal. The Falcons value him so much they gave their 1st round pick for Abraham instead. Several teams have tried to work a deal with Falcons for Schaub and they won't take anything less than an early 1st round pick-Vikings offered #17 and that wasn't high enough.

I believe that Schaub could come in and start, successfully, right away. I don't think you can say that for any of the prospects. For the record, though, this is just my, and several GMs, "idiotic" opinion.

5. No team has offered Atlanta their #1 pick...

6. Man Tuckfro42, you are getting killed!

7. maximus

maximus Starter

No way under the sun we draft Schaub. We will draft a rookie QB for the next dynasty

8. dman050586

dman050586 Starter

never speak again... hahaha :lol:

9. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG I'm Winning The Future

I don't think you're an idiot, but that is a pretty bad first post! :winker:

Um, we simply CANNOT get rid of this pick.

Now, what happens with Steve, I have no idea. I love the guy. He is (as Bulluck stated) the "heart & soul" of the team.

That said, bridges have been burned, & burned bad. Methinks there is no going back. Unfortunately, I believe that Steve should be released. Man, I can't believe that I'm saying that. :irked:

However, we will have mucho cap room then, & can improve elsewhere. Maybe get Ty Law, or some other position players. Add some depth.

I'm a lifelong Oilers fan, so it'll be like the transition was from Moon to McNair ... prolly a few years of putting up with some journeyman scrubs like Chris Chandler. Only Volek is Chris Chandler. :ha:

By the time our pick, be it Leinart, or Vince is game savvy, we'll have (at best) gone 8-8 a year or two (as The Oilers did upon arrival in Tenn.) and then LEAPFROG into the upper echelon & contend for a title, yay!

I have faith in Fish!!!

Then 7 or 8 years down the road, Floyd Reese can get us back into cap trouble all over again. :ha:

10. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

Wow, I feel like an assistant principal today...

This thread has given a couple of examples of why everyone should reread the forum rules, especially #6 which reads...

"6. Agree to disagree. Everyone's opinion counts, is valued, and should be respected. If you can't respect someone's point of view -- ignore it! Personally attacking another poster by name-calling will not be tolerated. You may call someone's comments "stupid" without calling the person who made the post "stupid". Take any negative personal stuff to a private message or e-mail."

As they say on another board I frequent, "attack the post, not the poster." Its a fine line, but a couple people have crossed it today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar