2nd round go ol,pick up 2 down mlb in mid rounds

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by talldrinko, Apr 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

I believe now, after all the FA activity, that we'll draft the BPA with our 2nd rounder. Personally I hope the likes of Addai or Maroney fall to us or a top OG/OT prospect. MLB really doesn't need to be addressed so high, since the position won't be used much in our scheme.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I agree, BPA. Get a 1st round talent that drops. There might be alot more value at other postions although Jackson could be rated very high for them. He would also give them some depth on the outside because he has the ability to move out there IMO.

If we draft an OL in the second I think it will be an OT. We have Bell and Stewart to play inside and it would be nice to get another guy like Roos who can be a solid RT who could move to LT if Roos were to get injured. This looks like a good year to go that route. If a guy like McNeill or Winston were to fall to us we should jump on it.

The other option would be RB if Addai or Maroney fell to us. Brown is in his last year of his contract and both those guys seem like decent value.

I see us going MLB only if the OTs and RBs we covet are gone. We really are not desperate at MLB if we have Sirmon or a FA. They might even like Reynolds enough to give him a shot.

Another option could still be S or CB. If a guy they have rated as a 1st round talent should drop they might consider it although with Fuller looks to be the guy who will fight for playing time at either NB or FS.

3. maximus

maximus Starter

I am a big UT fan, but I believe the Titans should stay away from Simon like the Plague

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I hope a Olineman drops, it's what we really need to address, at least we've already done something for our LBs and secondary...

5. talldrinko

talldrinko Guest

i would love to get rb in 2nd also

maybe in trade up if we get a 3rd for mcvair or volek & get white ,maroney,or willimas ,i think addai will be therre in 2nd if fo likes him

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

that means we essentially used 2 first day picks on runningbacks this year. no thanks.

the only way that happens is if bush falls to us in the first, and even then i would rather trade the pick for a king's ransom.

7. well i dont know about trading bush, he can make the big plays happen when we need to (just like pacman was able to do on punt and kickoff return even tho he was a jerk), and he has the potential to be the best rb ever, i would keep him, because neither brown or henry had a 100 yard game i dont think

8. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Definitely agree with you Ghostz. I don't think we have much of a chance at getting Bush, but I'd grab him in a heartbeat.

9. i would definately get him, but idk if i would choose him over vy, because we shut him down in the rose bowl, and if we can do that, than they can definately do that in the nfl, but with vy u never know whats going to happen, he can beat u with a deep throw, pump fake run (which works really well in college at least) and its so dangerous because u never know what ur going to get

10. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

The reason our MLB played only 2 downs last year was because he wasn't very good in coverage. That's one of Jackson's strong points. I believe that Jackson would be a better coverage guy than Thorton (not taking anything away from Thorton, of course). Also, if we have three good coverage linebackers, we'll be able to rotate them and keep them fresh.

For people that think that Jackson is too small, there's this guy in New York, his name is....hmmmmm.....Jonathan Vilma. He's the same size as Jackson and it hasn't hurt him any. I think Jackson could very well turn out a lot like Vilma.

I don't think OT is a bad idea in the second either, though I'm a little scared of Winston. (They talk about his knee and I have flashbacks to 2004)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar