2024 Coaching Staff Changes

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanup1982, Feb 1, 2024.

1. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Titans hired Assistant ST coach Colt Anderson of the Bengals as our new ST Coord.

They also interviewed Panthers interm ST Coord Chris Tabor.

#161 Aqutis30, Feb 16, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2024
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I hope Callahan hiring his former co-workers works out better than Vrabel

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

One of the reasons we hired Callahan is because of his connections with other coaches. I hope the difference is Callahan uses his former co-workers to bring in great coaches, unlike Vrabel who brought in coaches to kiss his ass.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

That is a bit unfair. Two of his subordinates became head coaches. In the end though it seems correct. Pretty interesting that some of his crew are now employed elsewhere and he is sitting at home. Even Toothpaste is getting a check… that blows my mind.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Yeah Lafleur was under Vrabel for 1 year, but you can't give Vrabel credit for showing Lafleur the bright light. Lafleur was going to get a HC gig regardless of where he went as an OC. Vrabel gets absolutely no credit in grooming Lafleur.

Now Art Smith on the other hand is a different story.

7. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

His point wasn’t that Vrabel groomed LaFluer, but rather he HIRED him. This is part of the hiring only buddies argument. That was more f a Vrabel trait after he lost coaches like LaFluer and Smith. I assume Vrabel’s logic was if I hire crappy coaches no one will steal them.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

I dont know if Vrabel was directly responsible for hiring LaFluer. They both were finalists for the HC job.

9. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

I understand your point, but grooming coaches wasn’t the point. The post I responded to mentioned bringing Callahan and his connections vs yes men for Vrabes. It’s just not that black and white. I don’t know what happened to Vrabel, but he made wine out of turnips for a bit. Lost two to HC. Maybe thinking was consistency… i mean why **** with success probably his thoughts as the barn was burning down.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  10. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Highly doubt head coaches are cool with being told who their coordinators will be. Possible though i guess, but do you really think Vrabes and the ego and hubris would go along? That dog don’t hunt imo.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar