2023 Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Aqutis30, Jan 7, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Jags supposedly got assurance he will be ready for 23

2. Afc46

Afc46 Oilers/Titans HoFer

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  5. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

To get under the cap by the start of the league year the Titans can cut Lewan and Cunningham and restructure Robert Woods... this would put the Titans 6mil under the cap....cutting Woods would put us 9mil under the cap, but I really don't want to make our WR room any worse if possible. I'm hoping that a year removed from his ACL surgery and with a full offseason working with Tanny and a new OC that Woods will be able to earn his salary... I don't want to give up on him yet.

Henry and Tanny both obviously have salaries that can be tweaked to lesson cap hit this yr and push more money into future years.

In the RB market you have 2 FAs that will set the market... Barkley and Jacobs... In the QB market you will have Derek Carr, Geno Smith, Daniel Jones, Garoppolo, Mayfield, Darnold and Brady.

I do not think any of the QBs besides maybe Jones will get any sort of BIG long term deal. I think Tanny and his agent will realize what Tanny's market will look like if he hits FA after next yr and will be willing to structure a 2-3yr extension that is beneficial to both the Titans and Tanny...

I trust in Henry...I think he will continue to be productive for several more yrs. I try to do a 2-3yr extension with Henry before the Barkley and Jacobs deals get done because I just have a feeling that the Giants are going to give Barkley a big contract and some team like the Falcons that has tons of cap space and likes to run the ball will pay Jacobs a pretty penny.

I get Henry's deal done before FA starts so that we have the extra cap space to bolster the OL in FA.

So my core players for the next 2-3 yrs are still Henry, Tanny, Big Jeff and Byard.

Although we **** the bed to finish this yr off we still have the pieces for a very solid defense.... fix the OL and add WR speed and depth and a new OC and we will be battling with the top dogs again

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Lamar Jackson is a free agent as well

Also our defense was pitiful other than vs the run. It needs some work for sure.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. 10ECTyrant

Good for him

8. Afc46

Afc46 Oilers/Titans HoFer

Here at the Caliente Mexican Sports Bar they really want Lamar Jackson to go to the Titans because of Derrick Henry.

9. 10ECTyrant

If we keep our same offense, we should sign Lamar
    I want a real Offense, so no to another RB that throws the ball but doesn’t suit up in the playoffs

#260 10ECTyrant, Jan 16, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2023
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar