Breaking News 2023 NFL Draft: Pick 81, RB Tyjae Spears, Tulane

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 28, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

I'm dead.

2. Young54

Young54 Starter

I disagree. It's so stupid to pretend it's a non-issue. It may end up being a small-deal, but it's definitely NOT a no-deal. As "healthy" as he may be, it potentially cost him millions of dollar and it may cost him a lengthy career. He has the opportunity to turn it into less of an issue by being transparent and addressing the situation head on. Clearly this isn't common, but he can come out and say things like...
    I've known for X long
    I've done A, B, C to strengthen muscles around it
    Doctors have said Y, Z.
    He can give examples of other players with the same situation

By being up front and knowledgeable, he can put a lot of the concern to rest. Instead, we're going to pretend like it's normal and keep everyone in the dark. It's the Trylon Burks situation again, but worse. Just say the kid has asthma and put all the stupidity and speculation to rest.

3. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

I don’t understand your point. It isn’t in the dark at all, everyone does know about it, including the team that drafted him. He said exactly the right thing. He’s cool, team’s cool, and he now has a great nickname in Kickstand! It’s perfect. Only reason for the multiple questions was sinister in nature to get a story. Glad he pissed on em.

#283 Hormesis, May 23, 2023
    Last edited: May 24, 2023
    • Cheers Cheers x 3
  4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

There is less meat on the bone, so I would think, in a zombie apocalypse he is less likely to be flamed and grilled over this.

• LOL LOL x 1
  5. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

He has no reason to tell everyone his life story. He was healthy enough to have a pretty damn good season last year in college. He can obviously do what he needs to do on the field. That's all that matters.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. Young54

Young54 Starter

His life story?! He's officially getting paid millions of dollars to play a sport in front of an audience. You talk about your injuries and things that could affect you on the field. It's part of the job. It's not like they're asking about growing up in an abusive family or his sexual orientation.

7. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Affect him on the field? He's coming off a 1580 yd 19 TD season....it's stupid to bring it up after that production

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I think people care about superstars stories, not middle drafted guys who have played zero NFL and came out of Tulane.
    A simple, “it’s not an issue” is all he should offer and considering how annoyed he probably is after getting asked about it 10k times, I’d expect no less of an angry response.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  9. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar