2023 College Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by The Hammer, May 14, 2023.

1. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

It also means that there is a glimmer of hope that Deboer will be a good HC. Not because he has Saban there, but because he recognizes the wealth of knowledge other coaches contain. It’s something Saban excelled at.

2. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

That is true. I know too in mutie articles I've read both him and Ryan Grubb reference going to Chris Peterson for advice on various things. Again, similar situation.

4. The Hammer

How the fūck did he not know what was going on. And if he didn't, he should.

Seriously, in many jobs it's a requirement for managers to ask questions if subordinates are doing something too good to be true. Very common in the financial sector.

Someone should've asked Connor Stalions "How are you so good at this? How do you know what play they are calling the first time they call it? How are you able to do that without cheating?"

5. VondyP

osu was his #2 choice before
    georgia just hired his DB coach from alabama and made him co-dc

time to get the checkbooks out

6. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Well, that sucks.

7. VondyP

apparently there is some dumbarse SEC rule that if you transfer from SEC to SEC school in the spring window, you have to sit a year... almost no chance this kid is sitting a year so...

[​IMG]

#468 VondyP, Jan 17, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2024
  8. VondyP

well after a bit more digging, apparently there is another rule that if your HC leaves, a 30 day window opens to transfer to wherever you want
    so i guess UGA is on the table after all :gaah:

9. The Hammer

Good luck with that rule

Politicians are piśsed that the NCAA and conferences keep treating players like chattel.

Fight has been led by legislators in Oregon and Texas, two states that couldn't be more different politically.

In polarizing times if you find both sides against you it really says something

Mississippi and Oklahoma are part of that fight too which means at least 5 SEC schools are in states who oppose that policy. There's probably more but i can't think of them off the top of my head.

slave_cartman_by_kayley17_dfvn3fi-fullview.png

#470 The Hammer, Jan 17, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2024
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar