2022 QB Prospect Grades

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, Jan 26, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

The reason Dobbs was in was because Willis doesn’t have the skills honed yet or the awareness to be used like Dobbs was.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

What I took from the article was how slow Willis is to process what he sees and throw the ball.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  3. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

I was speaking in general. Announcers talked him up every game. There were articles about how he was progressing etc after every game he played. Fans keep acting like there is hope for him to be an NFL QB. All BS.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Willis was ALWAYS a developmental prospect. He was never intended to play in his first year or two. He could still become Jalen Hurts for all we know. Hurts was terrible until year 3 when he finally figured it out with a star OL and WR group.

5. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I actually wasn’t commenting on your opinion, just my main observation of the article. He process too slowly to be effective at this point in his “career”.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  6. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Hurts got better every year from college forward. Willis, when I look at his college stats, never seem to back up the hype. I didn’t understand it during the draft and don’t understand it now. I guess the switch could click for him at some point, and as long as he rides the practice squad train until it does, I don’t mind him trying and learning. However, I do not want him in a real game again until he does. He simply isn’t close to ready. If he changes my mind by 2024, then bully for him. Forgive me if I don’t hold my breath.

7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Geno Smith might be a more realistic goal

8. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Theres probably 10+ 3rd string/practice squad guys that looked better than Willis in preseason out of the gate. Why not make them the project QBs and stop hyping the guy that looks like he's never played football in his life?

Can't build a QB from nothing and Willis has shown a big nothing.

And no, I have never seen a QB look as bad as Willis and suddenly become an NFL QB. It doesn't happen so let's stop that. Hell I don't know if I've ever seen a QB play as bad as Willis, period.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

mw7 has shown nothing to argue against this... status as top 100 pick only reason to keep him at this point... that and hope

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

And that it's a cheap deal- Put him on the PS and let him compete next year to make the roster.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar