2022 Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Carp, May 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tricky

Tricky Starter

Christian Watson has an NFL 97th percentile catch radius. No other player projected in the top 2 rounds is above 54th percentile.
    https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/christian-watson/

Calvin Austin from Memphis would be a great option if we wait until 3rd round.- 76th percentile catch radius and FAST.
    https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/calvin-austin/

Both are burners with great catch radius.
    The difference is Watson is 6’4” and Austin is 5’8”

#271 Tricky, Apr 13, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2022
  2. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

He looks like an NFL TE

3. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

You look at Watson's drops?

4. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Word is he’s a bit slow out of breaks. Blocks well. Fits what we do, but I don’t think we can go early on him. He may still be hanging around in the 3rd. His size is excellent.

#274 Hormesis, Apr 14, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2022
  5. Carp

Carp Starter

He isn't an athletic freak like McBride or Woods and he doesn't block very well. He certainly has the frame to be an NFL starter, but he needs some work. Definitely not someone you would expect to get a ton of playing time year 1.

I personally like McBride, Woods, and Ruckert a good bit more.

6. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Reports I read said he blocked well, and that was a strength, but his routes were said to be lanky and unclean. I haven’t looked at much other than a few opinions. Mostly I read he uses his hands well on blocks.

7. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

I do remember that the more I looked into Kolar, the more he seemed like a project. If McBride falls, I have little doubt we jump. Having no 2nd absolutely blows….

8. Tricky

Tricky Starter

Yea, 16 drops and 152 receptions. That, and being from a small school that was not pass heavy are his only negatives.
    He is small school DK Metcalf, and exactly what our WR group is lacking.

#278 Tricky, Apr 14, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2022
  9. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

There are certainly TEs with higher ceilings, but the floor with Kolar is much higher than other TEs I've seen. Great size, hands, extremely smart. He's more than adequate as an athlete and what he lacks he'll make up for it by understanding defenses and being exactly where he should be on each play. It's a good draft for athletic receivers/TEs, I'd like to see them take a couple and go for a higher ceiling player as well

10. Carp

Carp Starter

Reports I've read are that he's a willing blocker, but lacks technique and play strength. He'll need some coaching up in that area. Again, probably won't see much playing time year 1 because of that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar