2022 Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Carp, May 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

What performance issues has Cunningham had ???

and besides this past season when it was obvious that he did not want to play for the Texans anymore....what character issues has he had???

2. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Our top 2 picks as per Chad Reuter

I'm not big on Howell..."Could become eventually an average starter" we have that! A d his pro comparison is Chase Daniel? Has he ever been a starter?

Tennessee Titans
    Round 1: No. 26 overall -- Sam Howell, QB, North Carolina

Round 3: No. 90 overall -- Daniel Faalele, OT, Minnesota

Howell's ability to make plays from -- and outside -- the pocket might push the Titans, who have Ryan Tannehill entrenched as their starter, to follow the example set by teams that have drafted a first-round QB despite the presence of a veteran (see: the Chiefs with Patrick Mahomes and Alex Smith in 2017, the Packers with Jordan Love and Aaron Rodgers in 2020 and the Niners with Trey Lance and Jimmy Garoppolo last year). Faalele's 6-foot-8, 384-pound build could entice another team before the Titans (whose second-rounder went to Atlanta in last year's Julio Jones trade) make their next selection, in Round 3, but he would really fit well with the desire to create huge runways for Derrick Henry in the run game

3. Carp

Carp Starter

I can't imagine there is anyway we take Howell. It's probably Ridder or Malik if we go QB round 1. Hopefully, J-Rob is smart enough to see this draft class is pretty awful at QB.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. Tricky

Tricky Starter

I’m warming on the idea of going QB at 26.
    At least one of Pickett, Corral, Howell, Ridder should be available. (Willis goes top 10)
    I hate to pass up an impact WR or OL, but somebody to push Tannehill and provide insurance at QB may be more important.

5. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Should have signed Mariota to push Tannehill lol

• LOL LOL x 1
  6. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Ridder is so inaccurate. I don't get what people see in him at all. Every highlight is someone wide open waiting for the ball and making a contested catch.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

His flaws are very similar to Tannehill’s flaws with ball placement. Do not want that guy at all. Nor Willis. I think people unfamiliar with Howell will be pleasantly surprised with him. A deep ball guy for sure. Also, Corrall is judged too harshly for the RPO play at Ole Miss, but he has a lot of talent. I love the way he looks off defenders as opposed to the Tannehill stare down method. Both of those guys could start year two.

8. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I'm not sure I'd agree with that assessment of Tammy. Tammy throws darts. But lacks awareness, both in the pocket and regarding coverages. Ridder reminds of of a taller, leaning Jalen Hurts. He's a gamer, but not very accurate.

Willis is raw, but has all the upside in the world. I think I like Howell. Not sure on Corral.

9. Tricky

Tricky Starter

I agree with this. I’d prefer we get Corral, Pickett, or Howell.
    Malik has upside, but could easily be a bust. Ridder looks like a career backup.

10. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Tammy’s passes are often 2 feet to the side of a receiver. Jonnu and Davis bailed him out a lot with their catch ratio and tenacity. Nick Hyphen did not. That’s a major reason T-head went downhill last season because JR thought he had adequately replaced those two. He did not.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar