2022 Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Carp, May 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I had this same thought all of last year. TE was a big position of need and we didn't address it at all and thought Firk and MyCole were going to be good enough. They weren't. Freiermuth would be PERFECT in this offense.

Add that to the fact that Radunz played at a small school and even to a non-scout like myself, I could tell he had tons of issues with fundamentals that wouldn't be easily fixed. One of the most head scratching picks J-Rob has made.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Carp

Carp Starter

My issue is more that our first 2 picks were guys who had barely played in nearly 2 years. I like Radunz, but after you take a risky pick in round 1, you need to take a safe pick in round 2. That was absolutely Freirmuth. Even with eyes knew he was pretty much a lock to be mildly successful, even if he wasn't an outright freak athlete like Pitts.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. titansrule00000

titansrule00000 Pro Bowler

David Ojabo tore his Achilles sounds like a JRob target now.

4. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

@The Hammer's I mean Mel Kipers pick...

26. Tennessee Titans

Zion Johnson, G/C, Boston College

If Tennessee wants to continue to pound the ball in the run game with Derrick Henry, it has to have a great offensive line. The Titans could upgrade at guard with Johnson, who spent time at multiple positions in college. He didn't allow any quarterback pressures while playing guard in 2021, and he's stout as a run blocker.

Even after adding Robert Woods, I wouldn't be surprised if the Titans picked a wideout here. Treylon Burks and Jahan Dotson could be in play.

5. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

Hope we draft best player available

6. Carp

Carp Starter

I hadn't given Jelani Woods much thought until the combine. A 4.61 40 is extremely impressive at his size. He also had the most bench press reps at the position. And he already has a ton of experience as the primary blocking TE at OK. State, as well. I'm very impressed with his athleticism. One of the highest upside TEs in the draft, imo.

Trey McBride is still the dream as his combination of blocking and receiving ability is unmatched in this class. Wydermyer is probably the safest bet to be a highly productive receiving TE (but his blocking pretty much sucks). But if we don't take them in round 1 or trade into round 2, they won't be available for us. Jelani Woods would be my preference at that point.

7. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Best player on offense every pick in the draft. We need to build a young offensive core for our next QB.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

THAT will not happen

everyone at the table gets something zero chance Titans ignore D for whole draft

9. Carp

Carp Starter

Feel pretty confident that we will spend a pick on LB and DB this year. DL is a possibility too. We need another Edge defender for depth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar