2020 Pass Rush Prospects

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by steverife, Dec 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Would like to see us maybe take DT Ross Blacklock in the 1st to replace the Casey spot. Relentless motor, gets into the backfield early and often. Could make for a violent interior pass rush with a healthy Simmons this year.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I’ve watched TCU vs Baylor,SMU, and Texas over the past 2 days since Gladney, Blacklock, and Reagor are all potentials for us

Blacklock honestly has been underwhelming to me. He made one great goal line stop shooting a gap against SMU. I never saw a counter move in his game and his hand work was nothing to right home about....if he wasn’t able to shoot the gap he wasn’t going to make an impact. I also worry about his Achilles injury that had him miss all of 2018......but that probably is a good sign we draft him since JRob seems to have an affinity for injured players

Honestly Reagor is the one who totally jumps out on tape...Even with poor qb play....wouldn’t surprise me if he goes earlier than most people think and is the 1st Hornfrog off the board

3. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

What DL player (that isn't thought of as a top 10 guy) consistently jumps off the tape?

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  4. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I agree big guys who can stuff the run and get after the QB are hard to find. My complaint with Blacklock is I'm not sure what he does well...he is just average at everything....I think Madubuike, Davidson, Gallimore, Lynch, Agim all show better pass rush moves...they at least show a swim move, a rip, or a spin...in what I've watched I don't see that in Blacklock...he is a big guy who moves well....he has 0 forced fumbles in his career...he has 0 pass defenses in his career and only 5.5 sacks...I want a guy who has shown he can make impact plays in the 1st rnd

Madubuike 4 FF and 4 PD and 10.5 sacks
    Agim 6 FF and 4 PD and 11.5 sacks
    Davidson 4 FF and 9PD and 17 sacks
    Gallimore 5 FF and 2 PD and 9 sacks
    Lynch 3 FF and 7 PD and 20 sacks

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Alright. At least I know where you are coming from.

My concern with just looking solely at production is that is often going to depend on your role. Lynch put up nice numbers, but he mostly made effort plays that probably don't translate to the NFL. So he is probably a depth guy at best.

6. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

This....Brave and I were discussing this yesterday. I want him on our team if he’s sitting at #29. Dude is a baller. We would finally be disruptive on the inside which will make our edge and OLB guys look that much better....I have a hard time thinking we pass on him for someone else if he is there. He fits us so well....

#86 JR1980, Apr 18, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
  7. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I may change my mind 5 times, but I kind of feel like of guys that we have a reasonable chance of drafting, our board is

1) Kristian Fulton
    2) Blacklock

8. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I agree here. We met with Fulton, and you can’t tell me a casey replacement wouldn’t be enticing....Especially since both positions aren’t that deep as others. I would personally be fine with either of them. Just keep in mind, interior pressure makes everything better......

9. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I'd say the real deciding factor if we were choosing between the 2 is who do we like that we think we can get in the 2nd or the 3rd?

Blacklock might have the edge there as I think CB is deeper.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  10. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

If Fulton falls to us it is a no brainer you take him....I have him as my number 2 CB ahead of CJ Henderson

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar