2019 Titans Vent Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

It is. But at the end of the day the players are the ones getting paid millions to do their job and the fans are the ones forking over their hard earned money just to watch them do their job.

I feel like the fans stuck with the team initially during the bad years. Just slowly, over the years, more and more of them have said "screw this, not worth it anymore." And I don't blame them one bit.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Laz

Laz Starter

This is me. Any play over 8 yds and I'm checking the bottom right of my TV for 'FLAG"

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. RTH

RTH Meh...

I'm not defending anyone... mainly the fans for not showing up.

It's on the team to meet us halfway... actually more than halfway.

It's on the team to give us something to care about. THEY create an apathetic fanbase.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

At this point a kicker shouldn’t need a damn coach go kick the ball in the goal like you have since you were ten bish

5. Cajun_Titan_33

Cajun_Titan_33 Pro Bowler

POOP!

6. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

The saddest part about that is, you see it in the Preds. They show what a good team and a properly ran organization can do for creating a excited fan base.

There is absolutely no reason why a hockey team in the south (don’t get me wrong, I love the Preds) should have more buzz and excitement around them than an NFL football team.

I live in Texas. I have been several games at Bridgestone and look forward to going to their games. When I go to TN to visit family, I actually plan the trip around a time I can go to a Preds game. Win or lose, always have a good time.

I have never seen a Titans game at Nissan Stadium. Mainly because a) whenever I go see them play in Houston they play like absolute garbage. I feel like I wasted hundreds of dollars in tickets, gas and hotel going driving to Houston. b) seeing some people on this board, Twitter and reddit talk about how awful the gameday experience is. From the lines, to the concessions down to the presentation.

So you are dead on with this. They created the apathetic fan base. They’re the reason season ticket holders would rather sale they’re tickets for above face value to away team fans than attend the game themselves.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. 8and8

8and8 Starter

Chris from Murfreesboro has a point. You don’t sell a lot of PSLs to brokers if you don’t want a visiting team’s fans coming in.

As far as the team, our offense has been pretty much garbage. OL can’t block, QB lacks an NFL arm/decision making skills, and we don’t have a burner to stretch the field.

We’re wasting our top defense with a less than average offense.

We have a HC and OC with very limited experience in their current roles. We have JRob who appears to be wildly inconsistent with his drafting.

How do we fix this? Idk I’m not the one getting paid to fix it but someone needs to before the franchise loses fans for good. (Not me, I have accepted my fate as a life-long Titans fan)

“The Titans can no longer disappoint me, they can only remind me.” -XO

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

99-2003 Adelphia Coliseum was rocking. Tailgating in the parking lot was standing room only. The stadium was jacked and crazy. And around 04- until about 3 years ago the product was allowed to die on the vine. It paralleled Bud’s demise and then the heirs ineptitude at nurturing the product. They are playing catch up now, but we still have owners and GM that just don’t have enough experience and ingenuity to advance the product to where it should be for a market like Nashville has. You’re dead on about the Preds. I’ve been going to their games since -02. They have come a LONG way to get where they are now. But honestly- it had a quantum leap forward when ownership changed.

9. wrench248

wrench248 Pro Bowler

To add one point to this, ownership doesn't give a damn. This isn't some new problem, it's been like this for nearly a decade.

10. TitanWally

TitanWally Starter

Centre?

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar