2019 Titans Vent Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Not one #jcbgd on the whole damn team!

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I hear you. But I also know many of these same players have played better. Saffold was considered the top G in FA for a reason. He's now regressing just because he has a new OL coach?

What I am seeing, and I'm far from an expert, are fundamental flaws. These are things these guys have been taught since high school. Stuff like footwork, using your hands—technical stuff.

This is stuff you refine during training camp. Once the season begins, it's on the player to do what they've been taught.

I look at this like when Mariota throws a worm burner or sails a ball 10 feet over an open receiver's head. He has been taught mechanics forever. So, when he does this, is it on the QB coach?

I don't think so. You get that player off the field if there is a better option.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Right. But to do so means admitting that you as the coach are not capable of getting the players that the same guy that hired you to play at the level they need to play. OR the guy that hired you simply acquired players incapable of playing at that level.

And therein lies the problem we’re facing.........

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. TitanJeff

Carter was an assistant OL coach with the Falcons for two years and college before that.

5. MR.Cobra

MR.Cobra Starter

"That's what happens when you go cheap, you get your ass beat." Right Dion? Actually you win the Super Bowl and we get stuck with you.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

They why they saying he had no OL coaching experience? Fake news got me.

7. TitanJeff

I'm not an apologist for any coach on this team. I just find it strange when the FG kicker misses four attempts in one game, it's the player and not the Special Teams coach if we're going to blame Carter for OL play.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. RTH

RTH Meh...

It's a two-way street... I'm sure the players get pumped by the fans and play harder, but... the team has to give fans a reason to, at least, care.

The team gets pretty good... the fans come and get loud to, potentially, propel the team to really good.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I think we agree there are multiple persons/units responsible. But errors and faults are different from responsibilities. There is a hierarchy of responsibility. We agree it is the HC’s responsibility to provide a method to correct the mistakes/faults and ultimately the personnel if the player can not stop the faults/mistakes. And it is the GM who is responsible for the HC’s ability/performance to manage the coaching responsibility. And the owner’s responsibility to the fan base to get a GM that can handle the gm responsibilities. Haven’t seen/heard much from Amy lately.

10. RTH

RTH Meh...

Typical of this organization... we draft Mariota and give him a TE Coach as his QB Coach.

Titans gonna Titan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar